Decryption very very slow

TimK2015

I noticed today that on one of my T2s the decryption, initiated from the auto queue, is running very slowly, e.g. an hour of SD took 1h 10m to decrypt. A further 1hr HiDef recording was still running after 30 minutes plus whereas on one of my other T2s a 3hr HiDef recording was decrypted in a smidge under 15 minutes. Further short HD recordings were taking an age so I have initiated a 'fixdisk' run to see if the problem lies with the HDD. Any further advice would be welcome.

The T2 in question has:
Web interface version: 1.5.1-5
Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.13)
Loader Version: a7.31
System ID: 80bc.7e00

Fixdisk didn't find anything but after running the 'fix-flash-packages' diagnostic normality seems to have been restored.

Death on the Tyne from BBC2 HD was decrypted in just over 5 minutes.

Fingers (and toes) crossed.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like something went wrong with auto-unprotect. The consequence would be that the decrypt reverted to software-only rather than hardware-assisted. This would also happen if Content Share got turned off.

I have Content Share set to ON in Boot Settings so I guess it's probably auto-unprotect that caused the problem. We'll see what happens tomorrow as I have 3 x BBC4 HD recordings scheduled tonight.

Thanks for your input.

Back