Decryption woes & editing

Hi Guys.
Hoping for a bit of guidance. Been using CF for some years and have I'm sure in the past decrypted HD broadcasts. Now I find using the web interface and browse files and opt+ doesn't seem to work any more. It seems to start off ok but either gives up with no error half way through or procedes to the end but doesn't list the files it has changed. It doesn't show the green Dec icon and refuses to play when copied off the machine. I've had this problem a while now and am puzzled. The other day I tried the approach of setting a folder to auto-decrypt and that does appear to have worked.

Is there a reason to not set the whole drive to auto decrypt?
Any ideas why the single file manual procedure no longer functions for me?

If I edit a recording on the machine to remove the adverts it seems to play okay on the machine but when copied to a pc we're okay until the first edit. After that the sound works fine but the picture freezes, then jumps a bit and freezes again.

Any advice appreciated.

Here are the packages I have installed on my HDR-Fox T2.
Auto-unprotect 2.0.2
boot-settings 1.0.4
dlna-filter 1.1.1
dlna-servername 1.0.3
fix-disk 0.5
newk 1.0.5-1
nicesplice-magic-folders 1.2
samba 2.2.12-6
wefif Beta 1.4.8-9

Thanks guys.

Bob.

Is there a reason to not set the whole drive to auto decrypt?
No reason at all - that's what "we" do. The only problem is an initial one: it takes a while to catch up with a disk full of undecrypted recordings, and you need some headroom on the disk.

Any ideas why the single file manual procedure no longer functions for me?
Try selecting the recording (tick box in WebIF media browser) and then queue for decryption (bottom of page). That makes it decrypt in the background instead of requiring an active browser connection to keep the session live.

If I edit a recording on the machine to remove the adverts it seems to play okay on the machine but when copied to a pc we're okay until the first edit. After that the sound works fine but the picture freezes, then jumps a bit and freezes again.
The NiceSplice edits are quite crude, and unsophisticated media players get upset easily by discontinuities. Try VLC.

No reason at all - that's what "we" do. The only problem is an initial one: it takes a while to catch up with a disk full of undecrypted recordings, and you need some headroom on the disk.
Yes I can see that thanks.

Try selecting the recording (tick box in WebIF media browser) and then queue for decryption (bottom of page). That makes it decrypt in the background instead of requiring an active browser connection to keep the session live.
Oh right, didn't know that. Thanks.

The NiceSplice edits are quite crude, and unsophisticated media players get upset easily by discontinuities. Try VLC.
I presume you mean it may play back better with VLC, You can't edit with VLC can you?

Thanks.

Bob.

Back