DECT Handsets

Hope you didn't get splinters....

Looking forward to the report. I have to admit they look good, and for a good price too. I am happy with my Panasonic's though.

Still waiting...

I ordered from Amazon rather than buy from Comet because (for 19p more) I could use my gift credit and and have the assurance of the distance selling regulations. But from Comet I would have had them in my hands days ago!

...they've arrived!

C300A in, working fine. Minor niggle how flimsy the battery cover seems when you install the batteries and close it, a bit worrying but once done it's secure enough.

As expected the ADSL filter presented no problems, in my opinion there was a confusion with other models with VoIP capability.

Regarding sound quality, incoming speech is perfectly audible but noticeably less distinct than even my old Binatone, it accounts for the reports of being muffled but I don't think it's too bad. Not worth rejecting for some Panasonics anyway - especially as I like the styling and particularly the display. Where it does score is the outgoing sound (although it is difficult for me to experience it myself) is reported as very good - much better than the Binatone (for which I received complaints) and the Phillips (which was worse).

Regarding the sound issue, being as the Siemens blurb talks about "crystal clear" "brilliant sound quality" "clarity", I'm going to take this up with Siemens because these statements do not match up to the actual experience.

I have had a conversation with Siemens and pointed out it would be better to publish directly comparable dBA, THD, and noise figures rather than vague marketing superlatives and they have promised to pass the information up the line - but I expect they will file it under "crack pots".

I had a look at some C300a handsets in John Lewis yesterday. They have a nice feel to them - the buttons are much better than my SL565s too.

I had the benefit of testing the C300A on internal call mode today, and the sound is much better - "crystal clarity" one might say.

Hi I have a couple of C300 Gigaset phones. One rings several times when a call comes in then switches itself off. Does anyone know why?

Yep, I agree with BH.

I regularly use our DECT handsets until the batteries run flat, then charge to 100%. Had them for a couple of years now and still going strong. For the cost of new batteries, its worth a punt.

Back