Default Volume

brianmt

I normally set my volume to 18 ( needs to feed a deaf loop system so can't be adjusted ) and then use the tv to adjust the volume as and when needed. Trouble is when the box wakes up in the morning the volume has been reset to 3 . Anyone know how to prevent this happening. Also it doesn't remember the favourite that I've set up.
This didn't happen on the 9200 it remembered all your settings

Are you using a scheduled 15-minute turn-on in the night to keep the EPG up to date? If so, the Humax will next power up with the same channel and volume that you set in the scheduled event.

Volume solved. If I have favourite 1 set on my machine at power off when it switches back on in the morning it reverts back to TV ie I have to select favourite 1 again . More annoying than anything else. 9200 would remember you're favourite setting

Oh, just found the volume can be set in preferences:rolleyes: any ideas on the favourite problem.

I have just got my Humax and I have the same problem with the volume. I turn it up to full, but the next morning its back to 10.

Where in the preferences is the default volume setting.....? it was late when I was trying to find it ;-)

So far i'm loving it and amazed that its quieter than my old Toppy, even the fan is much quiter than my parents old 9200 :)

There is no default volume as far as I know, what happens is the volume gets altered when the box turns itself on for its timer wake-up (if you have set one up - see HERE (click)). When you define the wake-up by timer on/off there is a station and volume setting associated with the wake-up, and that is what you will find the box set to the next time you turn it on. If you have no wake-up set, the box should turn on next time to the same station and volume you had when you last turned it off. I believe if you use a scheduled reminder instead the station changes but the volume remains as it was.

Personally I have the volume set to max and use the TV volume control.

There is no default volume as far as I know, what happens is the volume gets altered when the box turns itself on for its scheduled wake-up (if you have set one up - see HERE (click)). Whether you define the wake-up be a scheduled reminder or a timer on/off there is a station and volume setting associated with the wake-up, and that is what you will find the box set to the next time you turn it on. If you have no wake-up set, the box should turn on next time to the same station and volume you had when you last turned it off.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I have the box set to turn on at 05:30 and off at 06:00, using the "Setting Power On/Off timer" as suggested in the forum, but I didnt realise until I just read the PDF manual now, there is a volume setting in that part. I will adjust that tonight when I get home :)

I prefer to have the volume of the box on full too.

Many thanks :)

PS: I corrected the detail of my previous reply, but not before Steppy was in the process of quoting it!

If I have favourite 1 set on my machine at power off when it switches back on in the morning it reverts back to TV ie I have to select favourite 1 again . More annoying than anything else. 9200 would remember you're favourite setting
Same with me on my HD-Fox-T2.
Does anyone know if that is also due to the timer wake-up?

The HDR-Fox T2 retains its favourite setting UNLESS you set extra wake-up/sleep cycles via the webif. The standard update wake-up in the early hours does not disturb favourites.

The reason I don't bother with extra wake/sleep cycles...

There is no default volume as far as I know, what happens is the volume gets altered when the box turns itself on for its timer wake-up (if you have set one up - see HERE (click)). When you define the wake-up by timer on/off there is a station and volume setting associated with the wake-up, and that is what you will find the box set to the next time you turn it on. If you have no wake-up set, the box should turn on next time to the same station and volume you had when you last turned it off. I believe if you use a scheduled reminder instead the station changes but the volume remains as it was.

Please could somebody just confirm, does the volume setting of the wake-up event have to be set through the Hummy's own GUI or can it be done through WebIF? I think I created my additional wake-up event via WebIF or possibly the RS portal (can't remember which), will this cause a problem for the volume setting?

Please could somebody just confirm, does the volume setting of the wake-up event have to be set through the Hummy's own GUI or can it be done through WebIF? I think I created my additional wake-up event via WebIF or possibly the RS portal (can't remember which), will this cause a problem for the volume setting?

It needs to be done through the on-screen menus. Even if you have only created a sleep/wake-up pair through the interface then it will still use the volume setting from the Humax menus.

Back