Delays in transport controls

ron hale

Hi, I wonder If I may have a little help. I have the custom firmware installed and my system has been running well for several years.
In the last 2 weeks the replay has started to glitch a little, maybe every half hour or so.
More importantly, the transport controls, play, pause, stop and record all take at least 15 seconds for the box to respond. I'm now missing the starting few seconds of some programs and as you can imagine it's very frustrating.
Interestingly the jump forward and backwards buttons work perfectly.

I am currently copying as much as I can from the hard drive via my network.

Is this a familiar problem. I am expecting to have to try to use the "fix disk" facility and if all else fails reset and reformat the drive along with reinstalling the custom firmware.

I just wondered if anyone had any knowledge or suggestions beyond this?

Is this a familiar problem. I am expecting to have to try to use the "fix disk" facility and if all else fails reset and reformat the drive along with reinstalling the custom firmware.
The glitching problem sounds very like what we saw when the hard drive was approaching end of life and I believe coincided with bad sectors being mapped out. Not sure about the problems with the transport controls. I would suggest installing the custom firmware and looking at the SMART data for the drive; particularly the reallocated sector count.

Thank you for that. I have the custom firmware installed. This is the information.
Looking at it with an unknowing eye this doesn't look good I suspect?hummy.jpg hummy.jpg hummy.jpg

That doesn't look too bad, it's just a weakly written sector. Fix disk (option 1 from the maintenance mode menu) should be able to sort it but it might take a few hours to run.

That doesn't look too bad, it's just a weakly written sector. Fix disk (option 1 from the maintenance mode menu) should be able to sort it but it might take a few hours to run.
I agree; statistics look quite reasonable for a disk with nearly thirteen thousand hours on the clock. Trying to sort out the pending sector with fix-disk is definitely the way forward.

Thank you for your input. I ran fix disc and all seems to be back to normal. Appreciate your support. Ron

Back