Delete

I'm curious why you ask. Have you experienced some inability to do so, or is it a general enquiry of capability? If the latter, even without direct personal experience of the 4000T specifically, I would say categorically "yes".

I have watched a recorded program but it seems to me that before it can be deleted it has to go to the remaing part of the video, so I was curious if it could be deleted straigh after the programme that's watched finishes

When you press stop after watching the video you should go back to the same screen as when you started i.e. a thumbnail of the programme with options of Delete, Play, Cancel Series

You have to stop playback or let playback come to the end of the recording. You can't delete a recording if the PVR thinks it's still playing (because you used the menu system to do something else instead of pressing the stop button).

When you press stop after watching the video you should go back to the same screen as when you started i.e. a thumbnail of the programme with options of Delete, Play, Cancel Series
Thanks I didnt think of the square Icon as having anything to do with the delete

I don't know, but I guess the square icon might mean the recording is still playing (but paused in the background) - unless you mean a button on the handset with a square symbol (which means "stop").

Thanks I didnt think of the square Icon as having anything to do with the delete
It shouldn't do. It is just a side effect of how Humax designed and then wrote the software, possibly without thinking every through.

I don't know, but I guess the square icon might mean the recording is still playing (but paused in the background) - unless you mean a button on the handset with a square symbol (which means "stop").
Yes sorry that's what I meant
In which case, it doesn't have anything to do with delete. You're just not allowed to delete a recording that is currently "in use", which is defined as any recording you have started playing but not allowed to reach the end or terminated with "stop". You just have to adopt that mind-set. (Which reminds me: this might explain why my supported user has trouble deleting things on occasion - but when I try it's fine. There will have been a reboot in between, which *might* clear the "in use" status.)

might explain why my supported user has trouble deleting things on occasion - but when I try it's fine. There will have been a reboot in between, which *might* clear the "in use" status.
Providing it is a reboot from cold or power-saving standby then it does get cleared.

There are also 2 ways to delete an individual recording via the UI, which could also account for some differencies. Highlighting the recording an depressing 'OK' will always have 'delete' enabled, but highlighting the recording and pressing OPT+ may not.

Providing it is a reboot from cold or power-saving standby then it does get cleared.

There are also 2 ways to delete an individual recording via the UI, which could also account for some differencies. Highlighting the recording an depressing 'OK' will always have 'delete' enabled, but highlighting the recording and pressing OPT+ may not.

This may be confusing for OP as the FVP-4000T doesn't have the OPT+ button that was present on earlier Hummys!

Highlighting the recording an depressing 'OK' will always have 'delete' enabled, but highlighting the recording and pressing OPT+ may not.
Do you know under what circumstances the OPT+ button does not have delete enabled?

This is what I was referring to in my post earlier today, when you press stop you get the below screen below enabling you to delete a recording. If the recording is still running there will be an additional option to stop recording if I remember correctly.

Do you know under what circumstances the OPT+ button does not have delete enabled?
HD/HDR-FOX: the OPT+ "Delete" option is greyed out if the recording is still "in use". The OK menu offers delete, and tries to action it, but it doesn't happen and results in the recording still being in the media list when, to all intents and purposes, the (inexperienced) user beleives it should have been deleted.

I need to confirm Luke's observations about when the "in use" flag is cleared by various types of boot.

Back