Deleted Recording Schedules

PJH

Hi

I have a question about how to prevent the deletion of my scheduled recordings. I know that this happens whenever there is a software update. I also recall that I can stop these automatic updates by adding a scheduled event to occur for a few minutes every night. What I cannot recall is the exact time that this event needs to occur. Can someone please advise?

Apologies for asking a question that I know has previously been answered on this forum. Problem is, I can't find the relevant posting.

Thanks in advance.
Phil

There are two different events that can happen to the Humax, they are an OTA (Over The Air) firmware upgrade and a DSO (Digital Switch Over) event. An OTA can be prevented by setting a reminder from say 4:20am to 4:40am as this is the time that the Humax looks for new firmware upgrades, however an OTA won't remove your recording schedule. A DSO event is an extra event added to your recording schedule by the broadcaster and when the Humax finds a DSO event in the recording schedule, a message is displayed on your TV saying a re-tune is required and gives the user an option to allow the auto re-tune "Now or Later", the problem is that if the user is not watching the TV, the Humax will automatically perform the re-tune which will remove the recording schedule and any Favorites lists you have created. The custom Firmware has a package called Disable-DSO which will look for the DSO events in the recording schedule and remove them before a re-tune message appears on the TV screen

Last edited:
To be explicit. The only non-custom way of preventing the schedules from being deleted in the way you've seen is to run an old version of the software, specifically version 1.02.20

If I might have my tu'penny worth:

I have a question about how to prevent the deletion of my scheduled recordings. I know that this happens whenever there is a software update.
This is not correct. The recording schedule is cleared by a retune, not a firmware update.

I also recall that I can stop these automatic updates by adding a scheduled event to occur for a few minutes every night. What I cannot recall is the exact time that this event needs to occur. Can someone please advise?
See Things Every... (click) section 2, section 1 for advice re the pros and cons of particular firmware revisions, and Preventing External Events from Disturbing the CF (click).

Back