Deleting Series Folders

Robert Warbrick

I have recorded a few series lately,i have deleted the files from inside the folders but i am left with a lot of blue series folders,how do i delete these folders,can't fathom it out.Thank You.Robert

To delete the individual recording I assume you used OPT+ >> Delete. You do exactly the same for the series folders from that "high level" view. In fact if you deleted the folder, that would also delete the contents.

This is true, but as ordinary files (recorded programmes) can be deleted from the OK menu, but OK puts you down a level on a folder, the OP probably hasn't found the OPT+ button.

I have recorded a few series lately,i have deleted the files from inside the folders but i am left with a lot of blue series folders,how do i delete these folders,can't fathom it out.Thank You.Robert
If you have the Customised firmware installed, you can install my tidy-folders extension (manually at the moment, so takes a bit more work) and then the machine would automatically clean up after itself by deleting them for you.
http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/tidy-folders-extension-package.2426/

If you have the Customised firmware installed, you can install my tidy-folders extension (manually at the moment, so takes a bit more work) and then the machine would automatically clean up after itself by deleting them for you.

Just a word of warning on this. As I understand it, the package will (currently) remove all top level folders which do not contain either native HD[R] recordings or sub-folders. If you, like myself and many people, have top level folders containing MP4 or AVI files then it will remove them!

I'm not knocking the package author I think it just needs a bit more work before it's suitable for adding to the repository.

Hi, I have a similar problem with deleting folders and individual recordings, I used to be able to delete with the opt+ button but now the only options I have is sort or new folder, the other options are there but are 'light grey' so not available. Please could someone give me some advice. Thanks

I would guess the file you can't delete is still open - it happens sometimes. Play the item concerned, then press Stop and exit the Media browser. Then go back in and try deleting it again. Failing that, reboot the machine and it ought to be 'unlocked'.

Yes it is an HDR-FOX, If it happens again I'll switch it off at the back! Sorry not very technical as you've probably gathered

It makes no odds if you use the switch at the back or pull the plug out. But I was merely meaning to turn it off/on using the button on the front!

Back