Deleting whole folder of programmes?

Joanna

Is there a way of deleting a folder of recorded programmes in one go? Or do I really need to delete the 150 'Big Bang Theory' episodes one by one?

TIA, Jo

HDR-FOX: select folder, and instead of pressing OK press OPT+ for the options menu. Best way to delete things, because it always offers a menu of actions instead of going into a folder or starting playback. Whether this also applies to the 4000T, I can't say.

If you are referring to the FVP4000 then you highlight the 'stack' of programmes then press + select delete and you will see the numbers count down as they are deleted.

That all sounds dreadful, and does not confirm whether there is anything equivalent to the HDR-FOX's functionality.

Selecting multiple items for deletion on HDR-FOX is simple: Media >> Select (red) [select all items required, or Select All (green) and deselect unwanted items with Unselect (red)], then OPT+ >> Delete. How hard is that? Why the heck not just use the same UI for subsequent designs??

To select multiple programs for deletion press '+' then choose 'select' this will put check boxes against all programmes then just press 'OK' to put a check against each programme. Then press '+' and choose 'delete' this will then delete all the selected items, but instead of all programmes disappearing in one go, you see them delete one at a time. Depending on how many you are deleting you can be left with a blank screen as it does not fully refresh so it looks like you have no programmes left which means you have to come off the media list and go back in again to see the rest of the programmes.

The FVP4000 does not have folders in the same way as the HDR, it has what I refer to as 'stacks'. To delete a 'stack' (aka folder) highlight the 'stack' of programmes then press '+' select 'delete' and you will see the numbers count down as they are deleted.

Everything involves much more clicks than the HDR. I really don't know why they go rid of the coloured button shortcuts, such a backwards step!

Hi all for your help,

Sorry I haven't been back since I first posted...

Anyway - yes we have a FVP-4000T (sorry I thought I was posting in a forum for that specific model?), and clicking on the plus symbol does the trick - fabulous! Shame this menu option isn't in the manual.

Happy Christmas!
Jo

Back