Demise of current release for 1.02.20

Luke

Well-Knwοn Мember
On the firmware download page (http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads) there is no longer a current release of a custom firmware for 1.02.20.
On my SD HDR I am using:
Web interface version: 1.0.12-3 (Mongoose)
Custom firmware version: 2.21 (build 1897)
Humax Version: 1.02.20 (kernel HDR_1.03.12)​

If I go to WebIF 1.0.13-1 could that be a problem?
While keeping 1.02.20 is there anything I should be wary of regarding the custom firmware?

Sorry Graham but that is far too cryptic for me!
The details at the end of the link do not appear to say anything about continuing to use 1.02.20 with custom firmware.

You should be fine staying on CFW up to 2.22 based on 1.02.20. Obviously you won't be able to take advantage of any changes in newer firmware versions and I am no longer regression testing things against that version (two versions is enough) but nothing will be intentionally broken.

At some point, CFW 2.2x will be deprecated and no longer work for package updates but the date for that hasn't been announced yet.

Are you staying on 1.02.20 just to avoid the forced retunes or is there another reason?

I have an HDR using 1.02.20 for SD programmes due to later versions applying the AD fade byte setting to the AD channel instead of the normal audio channel. This has the effect of the AD voice dropping out when ever the normal sound track has some noticable background noise. The fade byte is supposed to indicate that the normal sound track is subdued so that the AD voice can be heard but on firmwares later than 1.02.20 the AD level is lowered instead.
For non-Sd programmes I normally use an HDR with what ever is the latest software. I.e. today it's 1.03.12.

A good reason for maintaining 1.02.20 support! We had postulated that 1.02.20 was only relevant to non-CF users (the enforced retunes in later firmwares are avoidable by the disable-dso package), but this provides a reason otherwise.

At some point, CFW 2.2x will be deprecated and no longer work for package updates but the date for that hasn't been announced yet.
So in case I have to reinstall CFW for 1.02.20 from scratch what I should do is learn how to load it all via USB, then build up my USB flash library so that I can re-load it without being dependant on the on-line recent versions.

A good reason for maintaining 1.02.20 support! We had postulated that 1.02.20 was only relevant to non-CF users (the enforced retunes in later firmwares are avoidable by the disable-dso package), but this provides a reason otherwise.
Agreed - I will maintain support for 1.0.20 on the HDR.

Okay, okay, I'll resurrect that one too.

That will result in five CFW versions to support and test (which I was trying to avoid but I do appreciate the reason):

HD_FOX_T2_1.02.20.hdf
HD_FOX_T2_1.02.31.hdf
HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.20.hdf
HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.32.hdf
HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12.hdf

The next release, 2.30, will be available for all five.

Okay, okay, I'll resurrect that one too.

That will result in five CFW versions to support and test (which I was trying to avoid but I do appreciate the reason):

HD_FOX_T2_1.02.20.hdf
HD_FOX_T2_1.02.31.hdf
HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.20.hdf
HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.32.hdf
HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12.hdf

The next release, 2.30, will be available for all five.

What about HD_FOX_T2_1.02.29.hdf? I see HD_FOX_T2_1.02.31.hdf mentioned above, but was not aware that this had been made available.

Has there been an official Humax release for 1.02.31 for the HD model?

If so, can someone point me to a download? The HD is not hooked up to the outside world so I have no reason to install the CFW on it.

That is correct. I have no idea what advantage 1.02.31 confers over 1.02.29, but if you install the CF over 1.02.29 it will be upgraded to 1.02.31.

1.02.31 is pretty much the same as 1.02.32 in that it has the multiple transmitter overlap area tuning improvements in it. It's not known if 1.02.32 has any actual differences to 1.02.31 other than the version number.

Interesting. I bought a graded HD-FOX from Humax direct last year and it came with 1.02.32 on it, but I did not know that there is a 1.02.31 version too.

I've also seen a 1.02.30 once. It seems all the numbers from 1.02.01 to 1.02.32 exist, though not all of them have been released. Boxes bought from Humax Direct have had all sorts of firmware versions on them that never reached the general public. It's a very odd thing to do, if I were running Humax Direct it would only be shipping software versions which have had either an OTA release or a Humax web site release.

Back