Demuxing radio programme files

Thanks. Unfortunately Humax won't recognise either a USB stick or external hard drive (both of which I formatted to FAT 32). I transferred the files over my network using the FTP system discussed elsewhere on this website. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks to both of you. I transferred the files using the FTP system explained in another thread. I did this because my Humax won't recognise any external USB devices. I have tried a stick and a hard disk, both formatted to FAT32 using Windows 7. The Humax just doesn't see them. This is my second HDR Fox T2 - the first had a fault (and was replaced) but it would allow OPT+ transfers to a stick but not a hard disk. Is there anything I can do?

I have not had any problems with sticks or drives, I have heard there are sometimes problems with sticks but this is the first time I recall hearing somebody has had a problem with the Humax recognising an external drive. Have you tried front and back ports (the rear port is tucked under the ethernet socket)?

My first reaction would be to get another memory stick. I have a Medion 8GB (Aldi own brand) that works fine. I also have a Buffalo Ministation 320GB that also works fine.

Other than that, you will need to install the modified software, set up a virtual drive, and do the OPT+ copy to that (it pretends to be a mounted USB drive). You would then need to use the extended FTP to be able to access the virtual drive (the standard FTP will only allow access to the standard media directories). There is an alternative coming along which will use DLNA streaming to copy files decrypted, but I'm not up to speed on that yet.

Refer to the threads at the top of the list for more pointers.

Thanks again. I didn't know about the second USB port at the rear. I will try that and another stick although I know the one I tried works on my PC and laptop and used to work on the first HDR I had.

I have tried both another USB stick and also the rear USB port. Nothing recognised. Perhaps the USB system on my Humax just doesn't work? I am a bit reluctant to start messing with modified software since I am not technically competent and fear messing it all up!

It's easy now the development work has been done, but virtual drive will be a little bit ahead of my blog.

I'm thinking wget may be the way to go - as I understand it it's a way to copy a file using the DLNA service (and therefore decrypted), but I (or you!) will have to look it up.

Edit: for reference, the chat is in the posts starting here.

-acodec copy

The raw .ts already has mp2 audio embedded in it, I just wanted to extract that to a native .mp2 file

I'd like to write an auto-demuxer, like the series auto-filer, that extracts audio and saves it, deleting the original and thereby saving space but I'm missing key information about the extraction on the Hummy. I've upgraded the lame and ffmpeg packages on my HDR-T2 and it's still not happy. Here are the command lines that definitely don't work...

Code:
/usr/bin/ffmpeg -i <input filename> -acodec libmp3lame -ab 192k <output filename>
/usr/bin/ffmpeg -i <input filename> -acodec copy <output filename>

In both cases, I get the error message "could not find codec parameters"

Could you suggest a working command line?

Ref this thread:

Code:
wget http://127.0.0.1:9000/web/media/$mediaID.TS -O /some/path/filename.ts

Is this going to solve Alan O'Brien's problem (extracting a .ts radio file without a working USB drive to decrypt to)? Presumably the 127.0.0.1 gets replaced by the Humax' IP address (assuming wget is being run on the PC), but how do you identify the correct path to the file you want?

I think that's the intention of that thread. The path is already there, you just need the mediaID out of the tblMedia table from the sqlite database (check out the database dump on webif).

I have tried both another USB stick and also the rear USB port. Nothing recognised. Perhaps the USB system on my Humax just doesn't work? I am a bit reluctant to start messing with modified software since I am not technically competent and fear messing it all up!
Alan, I have an alternative for you, quite slick until the "download" button comes along, but it does seem to need the extra facilities of the modified software to extract the necessary parameters. See here.

Indeed, I have been monitoring that topic and you have kindly provided a cross-reference for this topic.

Back