Denon remote codes

c4llum

Hi,

New member and I have just purchased an HDR Fox T2. Haven't played with the box properly yet but I have already set up the universal RM-F04 remote to operate the Humax (PVR), my Samsung LCD TV (TV), my Sony Blu-Ray player (DVD).

However on the AUDIO button I want to link with my Denon DHT-FS3 sound bar but none of the Denon codes in the manual work (and I have tried all the 3-digit ones, and even tried the 4-digit ones from their website but I believe the HDR only accepts 3-digit codes...)

Can anyone help!? Surely there must be a 3-digit code that will allow me to adjust the volume via my Denon, otherwise I have to keep it's massive remote out simply to change volume!!! Help me hummy.tv!

If you've tried the published codes, I don't know what you think we can do to help. You could use a learning remote to control all your devices - eg a Logitech Harmony.

If you've tried the published codes, I don't know what you think we can do to help. You could use a learning remote to control all your devices - eg a Logitec Harmony.

Thanks for the quick response Black Hole. I didnt know if there were any other trick codes or manual programming I could try or if anyone else had experienced problems trying to control Denon equipment.

No worries, I guess I will live with 2 remotes... 2 is still better than the 5 I had before! And I can maybe save up for a Harmony remote!

Now onto setting up the HDR! Fingers crossed it all goes as well as I hope!

There are two versions of the Humax remote control, one that takes 3 digit codes and another that takes 4 digit ones.

I'd check the list of codes at http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/remote-control-confused-if-3-or-4-digit-codes - that site provides separate downloads of the 3 digit and 4 digit codes, there may be something there that isn't in your manual.

It is actually possible to hack the Humax remote and reprogram it just like any other JP1 compatible remote, but it involves soldering (I'm probably going to do it to enable volume punch through from PVR to TV).

gallery_2150_316_108792.jpg

Thanks for the tip af123 - I've checked out the link and it looks like it's the same 3-digit codes as in my manual, and the 4-digit ones won't work, after inputting the 3rd digit it assumes thats the end of the code so the fourth one doesnt even get entered.

Hmmm... seems strange that none of the Denon codes work, I set up my other devices with ease. I have emailed Humax Support to see if they will respond with any wisdom...

I assume it wouldn't be worth me trying any of the other manufacturer codes...? are there any that might use the same code as Denon devices? Trouble is there's far too many to try them all!!

As for the soldering, that's where my technical skills end I'm afraid so i think i'll leave that to those who are more daring! (and who own a soldering iron!)

If anyone else is using their Rm-F04 to control a Denon device let me know which code worked for you!

It is actually possible to hack the Humax remote and reprogram it just like any other JP1 compatible remote, but it involves soldering (I'm probably going to do it to enable volume punch through from PVR to TV).
Now you're talking!

I Guess the photo is of the 4 digit version, As my 3 digit Version (MDB 1.3) has a 32 pin DIL Samsung chip for U1, Do you know if the 3 Digit is JP1 compatible?

I Guess the photo is of the 4 digit version, As my 3 digit Version (MDB 1.3) has a 32 pin DIL Samsung chip for U1, Do you know if the 3 Digit is JP1 compatible?
Not sure - what Samsung chip? The 3F80 in the picture above is a Samsung chip too.

Not sure - what Samsung chip? The 3F80 in the picture above is a Samsung chip too.

Sorry, It was a bit difficult to make out the Chip number from my photos as it has been scribbled on, However I'm pretty Sure now that it is a 32 pin (2X16 pin) version of the same chip e.g. 3F80JBB22 - S098

The next problem may be finding a P.C. / Laptop with a 25D Printer port
Edit:- Looks like It's an IIC Bus using SDA, SCL, Reset and GND

This is right up my alley - too many other jobs overdue unfortunately. I'm thinking bring the I2C points out to a connector.

This could be the solution to a problem: non-techie needs updating (still got a CRT and a digibox, no recording capability). TV + HD-FOX + USB drive, Humax remote with a little bodging to make it more convenient (always watch via HD-FOX unless it's recording something). The thing that foxes me (and that includes programmables like the Harmony range) - if you program it to turn on all your kit at once, what happens if one item fails to pick up the turn-on signal? Press the "on" button again, and that item will probably pick it up and turn on, but the rest will turn off! I hate toggle functions.

That's why you use discrete power on codes if the device has them. Otherwise there is usually a trick you can do, like on the Humax sending 000 powers it on and does nothing if it's already on.

I notice the photo #4 is a picture of a Humax-HDR RM-F01 remote, For the HUMAX FoxSat, Couldn't find an equivalent for the RM-F04 (T2)

Back