Detect ads series folders

Brid

Forum Supporter
Hi all.
Just setup my Hdr Fox t2 from scratch with custom firmware and 2tb drive. Everything is great apart from detect ads which is working but if I record a series it does not add the bookmarks to that series. It is working in the root folder ok as far as I can see. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but no different.

Can anyone help? Apart from that it's excellent

Thanks

Do you have Recursive auto-decrypt set on the 'My Video' folder?
Are the recordings in your series folders being decrypted?
Because you are processing after auto-decryption you must have that option enabled.
I'm not receiving emails when I get a reply on this forum for some reason?
What are the forum notification settings?

I have the notification settings set to email me.

You may have cracked it . I don't have recursive auto-decrypt set on my video, the recordings in my series folder are not being decrypted . I will enable it now and see what happens . I will also set a new series to record, take the power saving settings off and leave it on all night.

I really do thank you!

so far so good as I can see that the test series recordings are now being decrypted . I will wait to see if detect ads now starts working on them as well. great!

I can see that detect ads is now working on the freshly decrypted test recordings . SOLVED thank you very much

I was worried about chaserun as I thought it used lots of CPU . A long time in the past on a previous HDR T2 I did not use chaserun but I did have problems once the recording had been cropped in that it would not remeber where you had viewed to if you stopped a playback. Also if you pressed skip forward or backward it would start from the start of the recording but only if it had been cropped.
I never found out the reason but wondered if the CPU was somehow not up to the job so stopped using it.

It does what you describe if you chaseplay (play it whilst it's still recording) the version that is being processed. I m led to believe by the experts that the sidecar files which hold the FF/RW etc. data do not fully catch up until the full Monty has been performed (fully processed) on the file. There is also something about if the rewind buffer is full, the replay/FF etc. screws up as well.
Mine seems to be OK if I let the chaserun and crop fully do its stuff before playing.

Thanks for the info and I will give it a go as this is also a new unit as well. It's working OK on traditional now so I will install chaseget, swap to that and try it out as I can always swap back .

Cheers

Back