Detect Ads

The steps for resolving the issue are

Go to the Remote control webif page and check that it controls the Humax
If it doesn't check that the Remote control mode on the Remote Settings page matches the mode in use by the real remote
Next try the "fix-flash-packages" diagnostics on the diagnostic page

If the remote package is working OK try rebuilding the DLNA data base Diag->DLNA Reset->Reset DLNA database

How do I access the remote control webif page? I can not see it in http://192.168.1.65/settings/settings.jim? Where else do I look for it?

I now realise that the webif page is the web interface ie http://192.168.1.65 in my case. It is not a submenu.

I have just run the diagnostic fix-flash-packages. These are the only errors:

• file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/boot/newk.conf: No such file or directory.
  • pkg_run_script: package "opkg-beta" prerm script returned status 1.
  • opkg_remove_pkg: not removing package "opkg-beta", prerm script failed
  • file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/webif/html/favicon.ico: No such file or directory.

Should I do anything about them?
-----------------------------------------------------
Go to the Remote control webif page and check that it controls the Humax
If it doesn't check that the Remote control mode on the Remote Settings page matches the mode in use by the real remote

I pushed the no 1 button on the virtual controller and the humax machine did not change channel. In the IR settings page it says the remote control mode is Mode 1. I have looked in the menu settings of the Humax machine and can not see a reference to the mode that is in use by the real remote. How do I find it?

I do not have the original remote. Instead I use a Logitech Harmony programmable remote. I have been through the device mode settings and they do not show a mode option.

Last edited:
can not see a reference to the mode that is in use by the real remote. How do I find it?
AFAIK the only way to tell the current remote mode is to press 0 and OK simultaneously for 5-10 seconds on the real remote to see the message screen message which also allows you to change mode.
You can also try a forced reinstall of the ir package from the diagnostics menu

can not see a reference to the mode that is in use by the real remote.
You could simply try every mode setting on the WebIF settings for the ir package and see if any work. If one does, you then know what you have your real handset configured to.

The only reason it wouldn't be Mode 1 is if you changed it to avoid conflicting with another Humax handset (or your box is second hand and a previous owner did).

I have done two things to check if the app is working:

1. I have re-installed the IR package.
  2. Recorded a program containing ads on another channel. The bookmarks are showing.

Is it reasonable to assume that there is something specific about the timing for RT international, that is preventing the app from recognising the end of a advertising break. Can I do anything about that?

I have re-installed the IR package.
And does it work from the Remote webif page?
Recorded a program containing ads on another channel. The bookmarks are showing.
Was the humax in standby when the recording was made?
Is it reasonable to assume that there is something specific about the timing for RT international, that is preventing the app from recognising the end of a advertising break. Can I do anything about that?
No, not a reasonable assumption
If you are recording from standby in chaserun mode then it needs to use the ir package to switch the machine fully on to allow decryption to take place.

There are some programmes where ad-detection does not work well because there are too few ads in the breaks or the ads are to long but there is no evidence of that in the log you posted - it was failing using ir.

And does it work from the Remote webif page?

The remote option in the webif does control the umax.

Was the humax in standby when the recording was made?

I think so. I had chosen the recording to start an hour later. I was not watching the TV in the meantime.

If you are recording from standby in chaserun mode then it needs to use the ir package to switch the machine fully on to allow decryption to take place.

I reinstalled the IR package, just in case that was the faulty.

I am very pleased to report that the bookmarks have appeared in today's recordings even of RT!! Thank all for helping me.

I have made a change to the ad detector setting to delete the original recording after processing. I am hoping the -decrypt file will no longer appear.

Back