DetectAds no longer running in background

Chris Kessell

During the last couple of days detectads no longer seems to be running automatically. There have been no additions to my detectads log file for 2 days, while the auto log file shows some plugin errors wherever an attempt is made to launch detectads, e.g. "Plugin error: can't read "Qid": no such variable" and "Plugin error: table queue has no column named start".

Detectads works fine if I select a file and do "Run Analysis Now", but using the "Run Analysis in Background" option generates a series of error messages in the Ad Detection window:
Code:
12:24:47 - Queue starting
12:24:47 - caught: table queue has no column named start -code 1 -level 0 -errorinfo {{} /mod/webif/plugin/detectads/detectads.jim 164} -errorcode NONE
12:24:52 - caught: table queue has no column named start -code 1 -level 0 -errorinfo {{} /mod/webif/plugin/detectads/detectads.jim 164} -errorcode NONE
12:24:57 - caught: table queue has no column named start -code 1 -level 0 -errorinfo {{} /mod/webif/plugin/detectads/detectads.jim 164} -errorcode NONE
12:25:02 - caught: table queue has no column named start -code 1 -level 0 -errorinfo {{} /mod/webif/plugin/detectads/detectads.jim 164} -errorcode NONE
12:25:07 - caught: table queue has no column named start -code 1 -level 0 -errorinfo {{} /mod/webif/plugin/detectads/detectads.jim 164} -errorcode NONE

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling detectads, without any change in behaviour. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I think I might have sorted it. Suspecting a corrupt queue I deleted the detectads queue file (by Telnetting in and using the command rm /mod/etc/detectads_queue.db ) and initial indications are that it's now working. Fingers crossed...

Deleting the database was what I would have suggested - it is recreated on next use so you should be fine

<sigh>
Renaming the file rather than deleting it would have been a better idea, as you have now blown away the chance of analysis to see how it was corrupt.
</sigh>

Renaming the file rather than deleting it would have been a better idea, as you have now blown away the chance of analysis to see how it was corrupt.
But some people are only interested in fixing the fault, not analysing what caused an isolated occurrence.

Yes, Trev, most people are stupid and short-sighted and are a bit of a pain in the a*se generally. But not everyone.

I am having a similar problem. I can 'Run Analysis now' and it all works great, but if I create a queue then it never gets actioned.

I tried deleting the queue db but it made no difference.

So I telneted in and ran from the command line. This is the output:
Code:
humax# /mod/webif/plugin/detectads/detectads -d -pq
DEBUG ON
/mod/webif/plugin/detectads/detectads.jim:92: Error:
in procedure '::detectads::dequeue_and_process' called at file "/mod/webif/plugin/detectads/detectads", line 57
in procedure '::detectads::delete_orphans' called at file "/mod/webif/plugin/detectads/detectads.jim", line 191
at file "/mod/webif/plugin/detectads/detectads.jim", line 92

I hope this helps fix the problem.

I am having a similar problem. I can 'Run Analysis now' and it all works great, but if I create a queue then it never gets actioned.

I tried deleting the queue db but it made no difference.

So I telneted in and ran from the command line. This is the output:
Code:
humax# /mod/webif/plugin/detectads/detectads -d -pq
DEBUG ON
/mod/webif/plugin/detectads/detectads.jim:92: Error:
in procedure '::detectads::dequeue_and_process' called at file "/mod/webif/plugin/detectads/detectads", line 57
in procedure '::detectads::delete_orphans' called at file "/mod/webif/plugin/detectads/detectads.jim", line 191
at file "/mod/webif/plugin/detectads/detectads.jim", line 92

I hope this helps fix the problem.
Can you install the procps package.

I hadn't realized that the pgrep command is not part of the standard webif installation,
I will add procps to the dependency list for detectads and chaseget

Back