Did anyone else's machine fail to record homeland last sunday? reply if yours did record

So I would suspect that RS (or some gremlin) created or updated the s-CRID in the reservation incorrectly. I don't have the package in use on my machines so can't easily debug further. The EPG data definitely shows that s-CRID as the C4HD showing. They need different CRIDs because of the channel ident, I guess.
yeah, i think i'm gonna give the rs a miss. since the virus induced changes all over the schedules i had lots of missed/wrong recordings. it's a pity because it has served me so well.

I just had a weird with C4.
I'd set it to record ST: Into Darkness last night on C4 HD. I actually set it up a week ago.

On checking the recording I thought "That's a fuzzy looking picture", so looked harder at what I had. The damn thing had only gone and recorded the SD channel.

"Ah, finger trouble" you're thinking. Very unlikely - the SD channel isn't in my favourites, only HD and +1 HD, so I'd have to have been majorly off planet to have done that.

Given previous info in this thread my assumption is that C4 changed the CRIDs between me setting it up and transmission. Twats :mad:

I just had a weird with C4.
I'd set it to record ST: Into Darkness last night on C4 HD. I actually set it up a week ago.

On checking the recording I thought "That's a fuzzy looking picture", so looked harder at what I had. The damn thing had only gone and recorded the SD channel.

"Ah, finger trouble" you're thinking. Very unlikely - the SD channel isn't in my favourites, only HD and +1 HD, so I'd have to have been majorly off planet to have done that.

Given previous info in this thread my assumption is that C4 changed the CRIDs between me setting it up and transmission. Twats :mad:
They aren't meant to do that. The technical dept should get a big whacking with D-Book Part A wrapped in barbed wire if they do. What they may do, as with ITV when HMQ took over the schedules, is to change the event IDs linked to the CRIDs, so making it the PVR's fault for expecting the old event ID instead of the new one.

Given the amount of content being transmitted ("85 channels and nothing on"), the only practical way for broadcasters to manage the programme metadata is through software, but no doubt the routines that manage changes to existing schedules are the most poorly specified, least tested and most buggy.

Last edited:
What they may do, as with ITV when HMQ took over the schedules, is to change the event IDs linked to the CRIDs, so making it the PVR's fault for expecting the old event ID instead of the new one.
but how do you explain that my old wrong crid recorded ch4+1hd two weeks ago the same as your correct crid?

but how do you explain that my old wrong crid recorded ch4+1hd two weeks ago the same as your correct crid?
I don't think anybody has come up with an explanation that covers all of your circumstances, we can understand why new episodes are not being scheduled for recording, but not how it went wrong after recording previous recordings and we don't have a time machine to see what the schedule entry looked like then,

C4 seem to have become bloody incompetent. I got an RS alert for Grand Designs for next week and when I looked it had a load of Australian ones all on the same S-CRID as the wanted one (I'm wondering now if that is a new one or a recycled one).

Back