1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Optical sound dropout

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by Spen, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Spen

Spen New Member

My HDR is only a month or so old and I have having sound dropouts over the optical output. The sound over HDMI to the TV is fine.

This only happens when the box has been on for an hour or so and is quite hot. The signal to the amp stops for around a second each time and can happen at 5 second to 30 second intervals.

Has anyone else had this? Is it time to send it back for a replacement?

2. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

Can you check whether the SCART/Phono audio output does the same?

3. Spen

Spen New Member

Yes, sound over phono and HDMI is fine. It's just over the optical cable that is the problem.

It does it whilst watching live or a recording. I will try to remember to check if it also does it whilst watching something over the network tonight.

4. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

Playing devil's advocate here, but how do you know it is the Humax and not the amp?

5. Spen

Spen New Member

Good point. It was just that it happened when the Humax had got hot. I will experiment with different configurations.

6. Brian

Brian Administrator Staff Member

But had the Amp also got hot? Have you tried a different optical input on your Amp, or even a different optical cable?