Digital TV Group publishes new Freeview tech specs

Well remote scheduling is sooooo 2011 ! ! ! ! ! As for the 'clever' EPG? Not a bad idea to be able to click through the program listing for more info and trailers I guess but not sure how soon the novelty will last - plus as we've found with other EPG stuff it only works as well as the data the provider transmits. I can imagine clicking on 'More Info' on a Channel5 program and trying to guess what info will be shown!!!

As for the 'Last Week' EPG that sounds interesting - it was something that the 3View box claimed to do by linking the EPG in with the on demand services to stream what you've missed but I never did find out how well they did that in the end.

So is the concensus that Humax will be able to provide an update to the Hummy to meet this (and even if so would they bother?) or will the spec be too much for our current boxes to handle?

So is the concensus that Humax will be able to provide an update to the Hummy to meet this (and even if so would they bother?) or will the spec be too much for our current boxes to handle?

The box does not entirely meet the Youview technical specs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouView#Technical_information) - although it comes very close. The main problem is the CPU which is only 400MHz, although twin core, so...?

Back