disable ota changed

mlavende

Hi,

I've noticed in the last few days that disable ota now runs on Red Button channel 200 rather than BBC1 HD channel 101 as before.

Is there a reason for this and does it matter? Can I manually change it to 101 again since it's 'nicer' if it's on that channel when I switch the Hummy on.

I'm on the latest customised firmware if taht makes a difference.

Thanks

-Mat

There hasn't been a change. When disable-ota creates the nightly reminder, it tries to pick a data channel so that it is less intrusive. (No sound in case an attached amplifier has been left switched on, no moving picture and no TSR disk activity).

It does this by trying to find a channel with 'red button' in its name and if can't find one of those then it picks a random channel.
Is it possible that you did a retune and had a channel list without any red button services for a while?

Regardless, you can edit the reminder that has been inserted using the standard on-TV schedule menus and change it to any channel you want. Alternatively you can use the poweron-channel package to select a particular channel on every startup no matter what channel it was using last. It also contains options to choose the volume and favourites group which are selected on startup.

Hi af123,

As far as I can remember it's always started on BBC1HD so I must have used one of those methods you describe. It's been ages since I set it up.
If I pick either of those methods then is there a chance that an ota update could happen when I don't want it to?
Sounds like the poweron-channel package would be my best option, but not if it is going to allow an ota to happen when I don't want it to.

Thanks

-Mat

If I pick either of those methods then is there a chance that an ota update could happen when I don't want it to?
You won't make Disable-OTA less effective by changing the channel that the reminder uses, or by also using the poweron-channel package. The reminder just ensures that the Humax is busy doing something during the time it would be searching for the OTA transmission and the poweron-channel package does not interfear with the working of the reminder

Back