Disable - OTA Package

Hi Brian

I agree it's not a big problem and if an OTA firmware update did get 'through', am I right in thinking that if I'm on the latest CF (currently based on 1.03.11), and the update was to 1.03.11, it would not be processed anyway?
As far as I'm aware, an OTA with the same version number as the installed firmware will be ignored.

As far as I'm aware, an OTA with the same version number as the installed firmware will be ignored.
That is correct during an OTA the current software version is examined and will only be replaced by software of a high (later) number. The Custom firmware e.g. HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.11_mod_2.22 will be reported to the OTA as 1.03.11 so it won't be replaced by an official OTA unless it is 1.03.12 or higher

Can the disable_OTA reminder channel be altered?
I would prefer that the box wake up the next day on channel 1 rather than 200 BBC red button
Alternatively could the OTA be avoided by the custom firmware 'lying' about its firmware number

Just use the standard on-TV controls to edit the reminder and change it to the channel of your choice.

Hmm. I just happened to be browsing my schedule (to check a deletion had been incorporated after a reboot) and I noticed an OTA update scheduled for tomorrow. Presuming it had just been added by humaxtv and that disable-ota would have marked it for deletion next boot, I rebooted again... but it's still there.

BH, I have just noticed that there is an unexpected OTA event in the schedule for 04:30 tomorrow.
Tried deleting it with reboot.
It's still there!

Did you manage to delete yours?

It only seems to have affected one of my two HDRs - mind you the unaffected one isn't used very often, but does turn on in middle of night for disable-OTA and EPG update.

Strange - nothing on mine. The output from disable-ota ends up in xinit.log if that's any help.

It's gone now. I don't look very often, maybe I just happened to see it in that brief window when the OTA schedule is still there. I have always used belt-and-braces anyway!

Back