Disable programme suggestions

phwip

Just wondering whether there is any way to disable programme suggestions? Specifically there are two things I'd like to turn off:
  • When I set a recording I am sometimes asked whether I would like to also record a related programme.
  • When I set an SD recording I am prompted to record from the corresponding HD channel instead.
Thanks for your help.

You can do the latter by deleting the corresponding HD channel. The former I doubt you can do anything about.

You can do the latter by deleting the corresponding HD channel. The former I doubt you can do anything about.

Is the suggestion to record HD produced by the Humax or the broadcaster? I've been unable to see any pattern in its random appearance.

Is the suggestion to record HD produced by the Humax or the broadcaster? I've been unable to see any pattern in its random appearance.
The suggestions for alternative broadcasts and "you may also like" are part of the Freeview specification, and triggered by network stream data. We have no means to intervene without access to the Humax source code.

In my experience, when setting up a StDef recording from the BBC it offers the HiDef service in preference as long as the programme in question is simulcast on HiDef and the equivalent HiDef service is available.

The suggestions for alternative broadcasts and "you may also like" are part of the Freeview specification, and triggered by network stream data. We have no means to intervene without access to the Humax source code.
Section 22.3.3.2 D-Book 7 Part A v1 from March 2011 states that receivers 'shall offer the user the ability to view the alternate HD event' when the broadcaster provides the relevant metadata. What I can't find is any reference to it HD being offered when setting an SD recording under similar circumstances. It does contain detail of alternative broadcasts but these appear to be in the context of resolving clashes.

Does anyone know where about the 'recording' equivalent is in d-book 7 v1? Or if it was in D-book 6 but got removed for the first version of d-book 6? (HDR-FOX T2 would have been originally tested against D-book 6 but I've not got a access D-book 6.)

I sometimes record the SD version because it's files are DVD compatible, and easier to edit / play, especially when the original video format isn't HD anyway e.g. it is up-scaled SD

I honestly can't see any difference on my TV, I've presumed that HD recordings will take up more space, and it's just mildly annoying to have an additional prompt for something that provides no obvious value to me.

I don't have the HiDef services on my supported user's 'Fox - she can't see the difference, so it's one fewer complication. You can go into the channel list and delete them.

Back