Disable recommendations ?

philbean

Is there any way to disable the recommendation feature? Where you select something to record and then the box (or specifically Channel 4) 'recommends' something completely unsimilar to record also.

Thought there might be a package to do this if it was technically possible.

AFAIK this isn't something that can be controlled since it part of the standard Humax software.

You wont get recommendations when scheduling via the webif or RS

No, I don't think you can stop it. I asked a couple of years ago as it is very annoying.
On the plus side, at least it seems to be a feature that only C4 takes advantage of.

AFAIK this isn't something that can be controlled since it part of the standard Humax software.

You wont get recommendations when scheduling via the webif or RS
I suppose it might be possible to write a package that clears out the rec_crid data in the EPG database

I suppose it might be possible to write a package that clears out the rec_crid data in the EPG database
If it was cleared would the core software refresh it, and if so how long do you think the clearance would last before it needed to be cleared again?

If it was cleared would the core software refresh it, and if so how long do you think the clearance would last before it needed to be cleared again?
Yes, and not very long respectively. Anyway, I think the Humax software caches the data in memory.

Back