disappearing recordings

cdmackay

Do I have a dodgy disk here?

My Mum's HDR seems to have lost its recordings: nothing at all in the Media/Video page, whereas previously there were some recordings, within folders. The "used" bar shows 0%.

My Mum doesn't know how to delete folders, so I know that she hasn't deleted it herself.

Schedule is still there, and manual recording seems to work fine.

Rebooting doesn't change anything.

Interestingly, the System-HDD page shows 19GB/4% in use, which seems like it's about right. But no recordings shown

I could reset to factory defaults, or format the HDD, but it would be nice to know whether I can get the recording back without having to do that?

[no CF installed on this system, sadly]

thanks for any ideas...

A factory reset does not delete existing recordings. Make a note (or photograph) the recording schedule first, as you will need to re-enter it. Next check you have channel 999 (Freesat-Info). If you have try a factory reset.

A factory reset does not delete existing recordings. Make a note (or photograph) the recording schedule first, as you will need to re-enter it. Next check you have channel 999 (Freesat-Info). If you have try a factory reset.

Thanks Graham...

Do you think that a factory reset will actually help? i.e. either to restore the missing recordings, or shed any other light?

Back