'Disk full' message with 78GiB free space

MymsMan

Ad detector
I had a recording fail last night with 'Valid/Incomplete: Disk was full' when at the time the disk had at least 78GiB free, also saw a disk full pop-up message on TV.
The disk hadn't gone read only since I was able to empty the bin and start another recording.
I wonder what caused it to think there was no space available

I had a recording fail last night with 'Valid/Incomplete: Disk was full' when at the time the disk had at least 78GiB free, also saw a disk full pop-up message on TV.
The disk hadn't gone read only since I was able to empty the bin and start another recording.
I wonder what caused it to think there was no space available
That sounds like there's a discrepancy between the reported space and actual space left. Maybe try the maintenance fixdisk utility to repair the filesystem. Before doing that you can just try some dummy recordings to use up the free space to check if it's still an issue.

That sounds like there's a discrepancy between the reported space and actual space left.
Sure, but what discrepancy? Is there an OS call for "how much space is left?", or does the app have to compare the size of the disk with the sum of space occupied? How did the OP know there was 78GiB free (presumably the stat from WebIF, but how does WebIF know?)?.

Is the failed recording triggered by an attempt to write being rejected by the file system with a "disk full" attribute? Or settop erroneously calculating there's no space left? Are there any external mounts ghosted into My Video (or anywhere else other than USB)?

The error message came from the settop program: it would have been useful to know what the WebIf was reporting at the time.

Might the settop program be signalling disk full for one of the other partitions, full or remounted RO?

I assume that the 78GB figure is an estimate based on the assumption that 78GB of files weren't somehow created and deleted.

The diskspace report comes from the stat command of busybox, similar to this:
Code:
# stat -f -c 'Blocksize %S; total blocks: %b; free blocks: %f' /mnt/hd2
Blocksize 4096; total blocks: 485341932; free blocks: 727094
#
(Obviously some housekeeping needed there: less than 0.2% free)

The 78GiB is what the pie chart at the top of the webif was reporting as Free at the time

Stat reports now (after emptying of dustbin)
Code:
 stat -f -c 'Blocksize %S; total blocks: %b; free blocks: %f' /mnt/hd2
Blocksize 4096; total blocks: 117335874; free blocks: 33093859

All network disk are under media not My Video
1624643231553.png

Back