Display just lights up

lennieone

I have aquired a foxsat hdr box which when powered up only displays a blank screen. I am not familiar with this type of box and my question is can it be economically fixed by someone or perhaps give me an idea of how to fix it myself.

Although I have not come across your symptoms before, a fairly common fault with Humax boxes is that a couple of capacitors on the Power Supply Unit (PSU) go faulty. Usually this is made fairly obvious by visible swelling/leaking. That would be my first port of call. Take the lid off and have a look. The PSU board is fairly easy to spot, as are the capacitors in question.
Any further info required? Ask again in this thread.

What do you mean by "blank screen"? The front panel display on the box itself or the TV display? As well as "powered up" have you also brought it out of standby using the ON/OFF switch (on the remote control or on the box)?

Have tried on/off on remote and unit, it is the screen on box that lights up, I have also checked out capacitors all seem fine, I have been told that the box may have been subject to a power surge during a violent storm which caused damage to several electical appliances, so perhaps this may have a bearing on the problem

Back