DLNA Functionality

Alesupper

Hi All

I am thinking of buying a Humax Aura, but before I do, I need to know if it is possible to watch recordings on other devices on the same network. I have read that Humax might of added DLNA in a firmware upgrade?

Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA

I am thinking of buying a Humax Aura, but before I do, I need to know if it is possible to watch recordings on other devices on the same network. I have read that Humax might of added DLNA in a firmware upgrade?
As far as I know the Aura has always had DLNA. There is also an app (Android and IOS versions) which allows watching programs on a phone and casting to a TV. The Aura does have various issues but it is the box I use in preference to an FVP-5000T and HDR-FOX T2.

Thanks for the response. Would you mind elaborating on the issues please? I have seen people complaining about boxes freezing/crashing.

Would you mind elaborating on the issues please? I have seen people complaining about boxes freezing/crashing.
The issues that bother me happen relatively infrequently but include: attempts to skip forward result in the program dropping back to a much earlier point, screen going completely blank (sometimes changing channels or starting and stopping a recording brings picture back but sometimes only powering the box off and back on will restore picture), very occasionally starts up to the home screen rather than live TV which doesn't matter much when watching but it is I suspect a cause of failed recordings. I am sure other users will have their own niggles.

The issues that bother me happen relatively infrequently but include: attempts to skip forward result in the program dropping back to a much earlier point, screen going completely blank (sometimes changing channels or starting and stopping a recording brings picture back but sometimes only powering the box off and back on will restore picture), very occasionally starts up to the home screen rather than live TV which doesn't matter much when watching but it is I suspect a cause of failed recordings. I am sure other users will have their own niggles.
I have had the same skip forward issues but I soon realised it only happened when I repeatedly hit skip too quickly, allowing a second between hits has cured the problem for me, resuming play from the program list always worked and put me back to the point where I started to skip, I have never had to power down. I have very rarely had the aura start up on the home screen and assumed it might be because of an app updating or a blip in my power supply, apart from a few series records vanishing and having to be rescheduled I have had nothing else to complain about yet and that may be down to the broadcasters rather than my Aura.

So what you're saying is that between November 2020 (when the Aura was released) until 12th April 2021 there was no DLNA server, and two years on you're worried about that?

As far as I know the Aura has always had DLNA.
Clearly not, by your own evidence.

I am just trying ascertain that the Aura does indeed have a dlna server and I was also hoping to get some feedback from someone who has actually used/uses dlna.
So what you're saying is that between November 2020 (when the Aura was released) until 12th April 2021 there was no DLNA server, and two years on you're worried about that?

Clearly not, by your own evidence.

I am just trying ascertain that the Aura does indeed have a dlna server and I was also hoping to get some feedback from someone who has actually used/uses dlna.
Pity you didn't say that in the first place.

I didn't buy an Aura until after that software release and I had forgotten. Does it matter?
It seems odd that Humax should only add a DLNA server as an apparent afterthought, IIRC it was included in the HDR-FOX as a major selling point. Perhaps there were unresolved technical issues at launch.

Last edited:
I've just bought an Aura and can confirm that it has a DLNA server. I've tried watching recordings using VLC on a Windows PC on the same network and it seems to work fine.

Back