DLNA Network Streaming - Freezes, pauses and shenanigans

Grant-Ross

I've got a problem trying to stream from my laptop to the Humax. I'm using TsMuxer (I have no clue about any other way, it's a very poorly covered topic) to convert my MKV files to TS or M2TS...

I get pauses and freezes at random times, some more often than others...

Any other way to get these troublesome MKV files playing on the Humax?

I've got a problem trying to stream from my laptop to the Humax (I have no clue about any other way, it's a very poorly covered topic)
On the contrary, it's a very well covered topic... in the HDR-FOX section. The HD-FOX is not capable of being a server unless you install the custom software to add it, and then use HDRmode to decrypt your recordings.

I'm using TsMuxer to convert my MKV files to TS or M2TS... I get pauses and freezes at random times, some more often than others... Any other way to get these troublesome MKV files playing on the Humax?
One thing to try is to put them on a USB stick or drive (FAT32 or NTFS - note FAT32 is only good for files up to 4GB in size) and play them locally. Please check out the topics listed under Streaming in the Index (click).

NEW READERS START HERE

I've got a problem trying to stream from my laptop to the Humax. I'm using TsMuxer (I have no clue about any other way, it's a very poorly covered topic) to convert my MKV files to TS or M2TS...

I get pauses and freezes at random times, some more often than others...

Any other way to get these troublesome MKV files playing on the Humax?

You would need to convert MKV files, humax won't play them.

try TVersity, for streaming to the humax

The HD-FOX is not capable of being a server unless you install the custom software to add it, and then use HDRmode to decrypt your recordings

I appreciate your time in answering the question, but,
"I've got a problem trying to stream from my laptop to the Humax"
I believe the Humax is the 'client' in this instance?

I tried the USB stick anyways and it worked perfect. Is there some problem with local network streaming that I may be able to solve?
Thank you!

& Thank you framedtoo! I installed TVersity, and it works brilliantly with streaming content from my laptop.

I believe the Humax is the 'client' in this instance?
Yes indeed, and what I was trying to tell you is the client is exactly the same as in the HDR-FOX, so the relevant topics in that section already cover it.

You said you didn't have a clue about the other way round, so I explained the HD-FOX doesn't do the other way round as standard.

I take it TVersity has solved your problem.

Back