DLNA on the 2110

Broadsword

Has anyone had any joy in accessing the recordings on this box. I'd love to be able access the files from more than one TV.

Cheers, I've already filled the questionaire in, don't hold out much hope though with only about 400 respondents !

That's not absolutely cut and dried; there are indications that Humax have been at least influenced by proceedings on this forum (although not necessarily in a way we would consider positive).

Thanks prpr. I totally missed that it was a different site to the one that linked to it. Considering how locked down the technical spec makes it appear I should have released that it was more of a wish list rather than a practical consideration list.

But at least it emphasises that DNLA client and server are not included, leaving the only other option to far more restrictive, and awkward SCART and RCA connections.

There has been a notable success reported in other topics re sending HDMI across a live wired network.

Has anyone had any joy in accessing the recordings on this box. I'd love to be able access the files from more than one TV.
It works a treat on the Panasonic freeview boxes. Dunno why humax didn't build it in.

I know, but Humax have a menu item called Humax used to add extra features on <Free time>. I can see that Youview may be so locked down that they can't add anything extra.

As I said, the DNLA server on the Panasonic Freeview box works a treat.

As I said, the DNLA server on the Panasonic Freeview box works a treat.
I am struggling to understand why this is relevant. It is more relevant to say that the Humax Freeview boxes offer DLNA - at least there is one common factor.

Do the humax freeview boxes have to be out of standby for the dlna server to work?

Wake on LAN? Dunno. It's useful, though. It saves having to go and switch it on and then off, though these days I can do that via my phone/tablet.

If you don't like the standby DLNA feature you can turn it off.

Back