DLNA server and HD recordings (why dont they show up, auto-unprotect working correctly)

yorkshire

New Member
HI,

I've been going round in circles with this after getting my T2 this week.
I've installed custom firmware 3.03 and the full web interface.
I have auto-unprotect installed and its working as expected.

I'm trying to find out why HD recorded files dont show up via dlna. I'm looking at this from XBMC client, Windows Client etc.
Using the webif, I can find the DLNA URL via the browse link and this plays directly in VLC etc.

If I go to the device in XBMC, only SD recordings are listed. However if I turn off media sharing on the humax and reset the DLNA database via webif, then re-enable it the HD recordings appear.

Is the DLNA indexing happening before auto-unprotect has had chance to do its thing?

Is there anything i can do to fix this other than having to switch media sharing off then on everytime i want to access new hd recordings?

Any help appreciated!
 

MontysEvilTwin

Well-Known Member
The high def. recordings should be visible to DLNA clients. When a recording finishes, if the unit is fully awake, it is indexed immediately before auto-unprotect kicks in. If recording from standby with a timer (the box is half awake) the DLNA server is not running, but the recording is indexed shortly after the box is next switched on. Auto-unprotect runs shortly afterwards in both cases, removing the 'Enc' flag and updating the DLNA database to allow streaming with content protection switched off. There is a known bug, whereby there can be a delay in auto-unprotect working if you are watching an ongoing recording and this recording stops while you are still viewing. In this case you might see a delay in the file being made available by DLNA.
 

prpr

Well-Known Member
There is a known bug, whereby there can be a delay in auto-unprotect working if you are watching an ongoing recording and this recording stops while you are still viewing.
The 'delay' is until the next boot seemingly, which can be rather a long time for some of us.
 
OP
Y

yorkshire

New Member
Auto-unprotect runs shortly afterwards in both cases, removing the 'Enc' flag and updating the DLNA database to allow streaming with content protection switched off.

It seems the ENC flag is being removed (I can tell this using the webif), but the dlna database isnt updated. I have power cycled too but still not showing up.
 

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Does the WebIF media browser show the DLNA icon against the recording in question (for icons see the wiki HERE - click)? If not, then you just have to wait (or reboot to hurry the process). If it does, blame your client.

There is nothing we can do to control how an external DLNA client presents the media list. If the client believes it is not compatible with the media details being received from the server in response to its requests, then there is a good chance it will not present those details to you. Just because your clients do not show up the HiDef content, regardless of the protection being cleared, does not mean the server is not sending those details (or maybe the client isn't requesting those particular details).

Try looking with UPnP Inspector (or another HD/HDR-FOX).
 
OP
Y

yorkshire

New Member
Does the WebIF media browser show the DLNA icon against the recording in question (for icons see the wiki )? If not, then you just have to wait (or reboot to hurry the process). If it does, blame your client.

There is nothing we can do to control how an external DLNA client presents the media list. If the client believes it is not compatible with the media details being received from the server in response to its requests, then there is a good chance it will not present those details to you. Just because your clients do not show up the HiDef content, regardless of the protection being cleared, does not mean the server is not sending those details (or maybe the client isn't requesting those particular details).

Try looking with UPnP Inspector (or another HD/HDR-FOX).

Tested this again over the weekend, the browser does show the dlna icon, but the server (including as seen thru UPNP Inspector) does not list the HD files.
 
OP
Y

yorkshire

New Member
I managed to fix this by reformatting the hard drive. When I setup the T2 I had some errors showing up on the disk (smart) which I corrected using disk check. I can only assume that correcting the disk messed something up. Works fine now (although I will have to swap for a new drive sometime soon). Thanks for your help everyone,
 
Top