DLNA Server Name

It’s definitely looking good at the moment. I have a “close to a release” version just installed and running on my “backup HDR Fox T2”; I will try to give it a good run in over the week. I am sure there may be requests for “changes/additions” once it is seen!

Do we want it to search humaxtv for the “Media Server” string to change? At present it does not do that (it might delay humaxtv starting by an additional second or two if it did/had too, depending on how quickly it is found). Currently it expects to be provided with clues:
Code:
static struct
{
   const char *m_pVersion;                 // The version of humaxtv, for display purposes not matching
   const char *m_pFile;                    // The name and path of the humaxtv executable to match or NULL
   const int m_nFileSize;                  // The file size to match to match, or -1
   const int m_nFileDate;                  // The file time and date to match, or -1
   const long m_pAddrOfMain;               // The address of the executable's main function on load (probably not needed)
   const int m_nMaxDLNAName;               // The maximum number of characters allowed for the replaceable part of the DLNA server name
   const long m_pDLNAServerName;           // The start address of the replaceable text for the DLNA server name
   const unsigned char m_prefixcodes[16];  // The 16 bytes before m_pDLNAServerName to match, just to be safe
   const unsigned char *m_pDefaultName;    // The default name to be replaced to match, just to be safe
   const unsigned char m_postfixcodes[16]; // The 16 bytes after m_pDLNAServerName+m_nMaxDLNAName-1 to match, just to be safe
} l_exes[]=
{
   { "1.03.06", humaxtv,  6878980, -1, 0x4139f8, 12, 0x9b7151, 
      { 0x4b, 0x4e, 0x4f, 0x57, 0x4e, 0x00, 0x00, 0x44, 0x54, 0x43, 0x50, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x20 },
       "Media Server",
      { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x48, 0x75, 0x6d, 0x61, 0x78, 0x20, 0x4d, 0x65, 0x64, 0x69, 0x61, 0x20, 0x53 } },
   { "1.02.32", humaxtv, 11720012, -1, 0x40fa48, 12, 0xc3e235, // Provisonal, not verified in the field
      { 0x4b, 0x4e, 0x4f, 0x57, 0x4e, 0x00, 0x00, 0x44, 0x54, 0x43, 0x50, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x20 },
       "Media Server",
      { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x48, 0x75, 0x6d, 0x61, 0x78, 0x20, 0x4d, 0x65, 0x64, 0x69, 0x61, 0x20, 0x53 } },
   { "1.02.20", humaxtv, 11672500, -1, 0x40f958, 12, 0xc34ca1, // Provisonal, not verified in the field
       "Media Server",
      { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x48, 0x75, 0x6d, 0x61, 0x78, 0x20, 0x4d, 0x65, 0x64, 0x69, 0x61, 0x20, 0x53 } }
};

I was tempted to put that all in a configuration file, but as I expect humaxtv to change infrequently... All the humaxtvs I have examined have the same pattern of bytes before and after the “Media Server” to be changed, so that might be a feature of a way to go for an automatic search.

I have three active HDR-FOX servers I'm happy to test it on. One of several motivations for using network mounts is the ability to recognise which machine is which, this would make it more attractive to use DLNA play back instead (although virtual USB has benefits of file management and bookmarking).

I have three active HDR-FOX servers I'm happy to test it on. One of several motivations for using network mounts is the ability to recognise which machine is which, this would make it more attractive to use DLNA play back instead (although virtual USB has benefits of file management and bookmarking).

I don’t have a place to host stuff; if you pm me your email I can send you the source and a compiled executable. I only have 1.03.06 to test on; there is a small possibility it needs to be recompiled and/or updated for older firmwares. To have it run on boot-up requires a mod to /etc/init.d/S90settop which has to be flashed:
Code:
  if [ -x $MODBOOT/hummyup ]; then
          $MODBOOT/hummyup /usr/bin/humaxtv
  else
          /usr/bin/humaxtv
  fi

For one-off tests it can be run manually using the “nosettop” method; but that does not survive a reboot.

Why don't you hold off for a short time and I'll release a firmware update with the required hook and I can help you package your code up with a web interface settings panel. Then I can put the package into the test repository for you so that people can try it.

I think an associated update to multienv is in order as this us one of those packages that should be disabled if an early crash occurs.

I thought about this a bit more and a firmware flash isn't required for a test package, so if you're willing I'll PM you my email address and we can talk about building a test package.

Do we want it to search humaxtv for the “Media Server” string to change? At present it does not do that (it might delay humaxtv starting by an additional second or two if it did/had too, depending on how quickly it is found). Currently it expects to be provided with clues:

I think so although it could easily be cached so that as long as the file had not changed size/date then the full search wouldn't be necessary. I would like to see a generic string replacement function as there are other things in there that it would be useful to tweak, like the system name reported by the browser.

The dlna-servername package seems to work very well, I have installed it this afternoon on my HDR-FOX T2 boxes.
Would it be possible to have the option to change the "HDR-FOX T2" part as well as the "Media Server" part?

I get an error installing this package on both HDRs

>>> opkg install dlna-servername
Installing dlna-servername (1.0.1) to root...
Downloading http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/dlna-servername_1.0.1_mipsel.opk.
This package requires Custom Firmware 2.20 or later
Collected errors:
* pkg_run_script: package "dlna-servername" preinst script returned status 1.
* preinst_configure: Aborting installation of dlna-servername.
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package dlna-servername.

Is there any way to make the DLNA sort the files in some sort of order?

Ah, that will be it. Must have missed the announcement.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well, seeing as it seems to have gone public, I'll chip in that it's working on my three.

Yes, kev7378's excellent dlna-servername package has been released. As has been noted, it requires customised firmware 2.20.
So much easier than the old method of changing the DLNA server name!

I have changed the DLNA servername on one of my boxes, but I can't remember how. I now need to do it on the other boxes

I have the package installed and have looked for options in webif settings, service management. Can someone please remind me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have changed the DLNA servername on one of my boxes, but I can't remember how. I now need to do it on the other boxes

I have the package installed and have looked for options in webif settings, service management. Can someone please remind me?
It should be under Settings... try a reboot if you cannot see it.

Back