dlna server not appearing on network

satbunny

I flashed my Humax HDR T2 with the latest firmware since the dnla content share didn't seem to work on the standard build. [plus I like hacking stuff.]

I have turned off, reset and turned on the content share using the Hummy menu, the WebIF, and back to the Hummy.

I have left it all alone for 24 hours. On the WebIF it says it is indexing and is enabled.

However it hasn't indexed all the files.

Do I just wait a bit longer?

I have auto unprotect running.

I am using a variety of systems to try and see the server, an xbmc box, xbmc on a mac, vlc on a mc, vlc on a windows 7 machine.

I have screenshots but can't post them until I have made 10 posts.

Have you got a rogue/corrupt file somewhere on the disk?
Waiting longer isn't going to fix it.

Thanks for the replies. I shall try a reboot, always a good idea with tech of any kind.
I have disabled any kind of power down or standby.
Might I ask how I might find a rogue or corrupt file? Is there a package on theWEBIF that runs chkdsk or some such utility or should I telnet in and do it from there? I can't see on on the diagnostic page unless it's vfd test.
I am used to Linux so I am comfortable with command lines on telnet.

I have found one very odd thing.
My Hummy has a manually set IP of
But the DLNA url listed for each file is
Which is not on my network as an assigned IP, and when I paste that into a browser or vlc it can't be found.

Ideas?

I have deleted all files, and there is 20Gb still being used by something, which seems quite a lot for system files.
I then have tried to format the hard drive, which is the drive the box was shipped with, and it says " Cannot format hard drive. The capacity is too large"
Puzzling eh?

I have deleted all files, and there is 20Gb still being used by something, which seems quite a lot for system files.
I then have tried to format the hard drive, which is the drive the box was shipped with, and it says " Cannot format hard drive. The capacity is too large"
Puzzling eh?
No. These are well known things. Reboot and try it again if it doesn't already tell you it needs formatting.

I have factory reset. I have installed the official non customized firmware. I have setup the machine again. I have turned on content share and the ftp server. I can ftp into the ftp server fine. No sign of any DLNA.
Only got one file on the hard drive now and no customised stuff.
I'll try again with customised now.

Custom firmware is not relevant to DLNA operation. I don't know what's going on with your IP address issue. What happens if you paste a corrected URL into a browser bar?

After the full reset and reinstall the dlna server appeared correctly on the correct IP. Problem over.

Does mediatomb default to an ip address ending 202?
The only difference between this time and last time seems to be that last time I madly installed mediatomb before realising I didn't need it.

Maybe. If you install Mediatomb, it will operate in parallel with the native DLNA server and be visible on the network as a separate entity. Mediatomb allows you to steam stuff the native server won't, but requires decrypted files.

Back