DLNA server not running

peterworks

Ye Olde Bowler
Every morning at 4:10 to 4:50 the box turns on to, primarily, decrypt/shrink the previous evening's recordings. For the past month or more some of the recordings have failed (see attached queue screenshot for last nights problem) but others have gone through okay.
I have also attached the relevant section of the auto log. When I start up the box in the morning it decrypts/shrinks the outstanding recordings without a problem.
I have run DLNA Reset but that seems to have made no difference. The only recent change is that I have attached a USB caddy which has an autopower down facility but this was after the problem first appeared.
Any ideas please ?

Queue.jpg

Auto log.jpg

In what way does the "box turn on" – on/off timer; reminder schedule?

Do you have the boot-settings package configured to ensure Content Sharing = ON at each boot?

It turns on with a reminder (BBC red button).
Capture 08-03-2022 11_07_20.jpg
Yes boot-settings is configured with Content Sharing = ON

Very curious - Obviously the DLNA server must be running because it has successfully decrypted the recordings that were enqueued either side of the failing recording,

I think you may have somehow coincided with the humax adding the recording to the DLNA catalogue at restart, and that has prevented it being properly indexed or accessed via the helper. The Auto process has retried it a number of times until the Humax shut down the DLNA server during shutdown at the end of the reminder period (04:50)

I had a number of problems with decrypting at the end of recording when developing chaseget for detectads - I eventually had to resort to creating a file alias and decrypting that to avoid conflicts.

While it is a nuisance it is not a major problem since the decryption does work the next time the box restarts.

Thanks @MymsMan - Because of the way I 'suppress' auto processing (between 18:00 and 03:00) I will extend the lunch time 'on' period (which I use to enable RS to do it's thing after scheduling recordings in the morning) from 15 to 20 minutes to process these recordings.

Update: Since the latest beta WebIf update (1.4.9-8) all appears to be working as expected - thanks to all involved.

Update: Since the latest beta WebIf update (1.4.9-8) all appears to be working as expected - thanks to all involved.
It shouldn't cause problem but you may have multiple helper.ts entries in your DLNA database from the problem introduced in 1.4.9-7 that was causing your problem.
These can be removed by resetting the DLNA database.

I was sufferring from failure to shut down (delinquent half awake state) - I emptied the bin and reset the DLNA database and that fixed the problem for me

Back