DLNA streaming between two HDR Fox T2 PVRs

<sigh>

Post 1 in the NSA topic directs you to specific implementation examples. Sharing between HDR-FOXes is no different than sharing between an HDR-FOX and an HD-FOX (although, in the latter case, the HD-FOX is likely to be a client only).

(This conversation seems to be split over two topics)

We really need to get a web interface in place for this like the Foxsat has!

I just use the foxlink package to hook my two together and it works fine for me.

<sigh>

Post 1 in the NSA topic directs you to specific implementation examples. Sharing between HDR-FOXes is no different than sharing between an HDR-FOX and an HD-FOX (although, in the latter case, the HD-FOX is likely to be a client only).

(This conversation seems to be split over two topics)

<yawn..>.. seen that with the link to post #244, doesn't work otherwise I wouldn't have asked.... In fact I've realised that the actual solution that does work is a variation on jsrobo's instructions. Here's what works for me which is not what Blackhole posted in his post. This is up and running on my two HDR-Fox T2's "Lounge Humax and "Bedroom Humax", feeding and receiving both ways:

Install SMB and automount on both machines.

On "Lounge Humax"
[ModSettings]
smb
domain=(leave alone)
folder=media
host=192_168_1_120 (the IP address for the HDR-FOX in my bedroom)
mac=ABABABABABAB (Leave alone)
password=0000 (the Humax default password)
shareFolder=off
user=humaxftp
wakeUp=off (Leave alone)

On "Bedroom Humax"
[ModSettings]
smb
domain=(leave alone)
folder=media
host=192_168_1_100 (the IP address for the HDR-FOX in my lounge )
mac=ABABABABABAB (Leave alone)
password=0000 (the Humax default password)
shareFolder=off
user=humaxftp
wakeUp=off (Leave alone)

Stick a USB drive in each and the mount is visible and playable. I also have a mount on each to my NAS.

That's rediculous. DLNA streaming is not the same as file sharing, the process of accessing a recording remotely by file sharing is not streaming, and this is the non-custom section of the forum so discussion of anything other than streaming by DLNA is inappropriate.

Maybe you don't understand what DLNA is.

That's rediculous. DLNA streaming is not the same as file sharing, the process of accessing a recording remotely by file sharing is not streaming, and this is the non-custom section of the forum so discussion of anything other than streaming by DLNA is inappropriate.

The HDR FOX T2 has both a DLNA client and DLNA server with no custom firmware required.

Semantics really, any normal person knows what I mean. I see what you mean regarding the topic not being in the CF section but I present to the court your post #16 m'lud ...

The HDR FOX T2 has both a DLNA client and DLNA server with no custom firmware required.
Absolutely, which is what this topic was originally about.

Semantics really, any normal person knows what I mean. I see what you mean regarding the topic not being in the CF section but I present to the court your post #16 m'lud ...
What you mean is any ordinary person fails to recognise the difference, and the software may conceal it, but there is a technical difference which affects their capabilities. Nevertheless, custom facilities are discussed in the custom section, and the convention is to mention their existence when appropriate in the non-custom section but not to discuss at length. Your mirth at my transferring the discussion to the appropriate topic in the CF section was unwarranted.

Back