DLNA troubles

From recollection I Set the router to reserve ip address for the mac address of the boxes.

I just checked my router settings. I made a mistake. On the router I reserved an IP address for the MAC address presumably of the wifi dongle. This is the MAC address that shows up on my router when the Humax is connected. It is NOT the MAC address of the Humax (i.e. it is NOT the one found under menu>settings>system>system information>mac address).

Again when I was trying different settings, after I reserved the ip address on the router, I then tried various settings DHCP/Manual on the box (followed by switching off the ftp server, resetting DLNA database, and rebooting).

Now I have the box configure IP settings to manual and set the ip address to the same address that I reserved for the dongle.

I switched dongles on the Humax and my router (for the wifi connection to the Humax) now shows the MAC address as that of the new dongle and not the MAC address for the Humax.

I hope this makes some sense

That is what I would have expected, and is the same as I experience - the MAC is a property of the hardware interface, and what the Settings menu displays is only that of the hardware ethernet interface.

My experience is that, with current software loaded, the initial boot can get the wlan0 interface IP wrong, but it gets corrected later in the process.

Back