Do I have a corrupt HDD index?

culbin

I recently unprotected some recordings using the Foxy method.
After copying them off to USB I deleted the recordings using the regular method via the Hummy remote. The folder that I deleted the recordings from still contained many other recordings. I remember the hard drive space remaining was 38%.

Now today I noticed the folder is empty! At first I assumed I must have deleted all recordings in that folder by mistake but the hard drive space still shows 38% free where I would expect that to have increased. Also a new recording has just occurred which has not stored itself in that folder as expected.
Other folders with other recordings exist and play no problem, even ones recorded in the last few hours.

I'm wondering if the HDD index has messed up and the recordings in that particular folder are there but just not displaying. The folder is empty when I look via FTP. I tried running a HDD Test menu function and restarted the box but no luck.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm not too worried about the missing recordings just concerned that my drive might be messed up. Many thanks.

How did you apply Foxy? FTP off a .hmt file, process it, FTP it back replacing the original .hmt?

But after that you were able to navigate the pertinent folder in the media browser to perform a copy to USB.

Strange. You could try deleting the folder.

Thanks for your quick response.
Yeah that's exactly the Foxy method I used.
I've just deleted the folder so I'll see what happens when the next recording to that folder occurs.
Do you know if the free space % available figure updates immediately upon deleting something, or does it happen sometime later?

Do you know if the free space % available figure updates immediately upon deleting something, or does it happen sometime later?
Deleting is done as a background process in a separate thread (because deletion of large files on EXT2/EXT3 file systems is slow) so it will take a few minutes for space to be released. How long were the recordings you deleted and were they HD or SD?

There were 11 HD recordings an hour long each.
I just deleted a bunch of other recordings in other folders and I could see the percentage counting up as they were deleted so I guess it was that one particular folder which was strange. I've deleted the folder now so I'll keep an eye on things and report back if any further strangeness.
Thanks for all your advice.

Back