Do I have correct f/w

Sargan

Looking at my Fox T2
It shows Hummy f/w 1.03.12
However date shows 7 Feb 2014

I looked on f/w page it show same ver but with Mar 2016 date ... is there a newer ver I should be using ? confused as ver No. Is the same

If you are referring to the Firmware Downloads page on the wiki, it is the Custom Firmware release 3.10 for standard firmware 1.03.12 that is listed dated March 2016. Further down the page you will see Official Firmware listed, with 1.03.12 dated February 2014.

I believe the date that appears in the Menu >> Settings >> System >> System Information page is coded into the standard (AKA "Official") firmware, and does not change regardless of loading a more recent release of customised firmware (which is basically the standard firmware with a few tweaks and additions). Neither does it reflect the date on which the unit was actually updated.

It's amazing how time passes; I had no recollection that the iPlayer revamp was that long ago. For a history of official Humax firmware releases see Things Every... (click) section 1.

Last edited:
....customised firmware (which is basically the standard firmware with a few tweaks and additions).
I think that is rather understating the time and effort that has been been put into the CF BH;)
Yes, I know you are really talking about the changes made to the underlying standard firmware, rather than the CF.:)

As you know, but seems to need restating, the vast bulk of what actually comprises the Custom "Firmware" downloads to the hard drive after the tweaks to the firmware residing in flash are applied by USB installation. I'm certainly not underestimating the effort required to come up with those tweaks in the first place, but nonetheless they are a small percentage of the code in flash, and an even smaller percentage of custom code overall - which is why I was always inclined to call it software rather than firmware.

But we don't know what was in the OP's mind - was he talking purely standard firmware, or CF? This is in the vanilla section of the forum. If you wish to inspect the version number for the CF, it is displayed on the front panel during boot, or at the bottom right of the WebIF home page.

Last edited:
OK .. my fault for not being clear - I meant the custom build
Assuming this does not automatically update ... (is that correct assumption?)
I went to Menu >> Settings >> System >> System Information
If that is not showing the custom version - where do I go to find out what version of the custom build I have installed ?

Last edited:
OK .. my fault for not being clear - I meant the custom build
But you posted in the standard section of the Forum not the custom firmware section so it was difficult to guess.
If that is not showing the custom version - where do I go to find out what version of the custom build I have installed ?
Use a browser to access the web interface of the custom firmware and it is shown in the bottom right hand corner.

Agree my fault ... did my original post form my phone - did not clearly see the forum options.

I thought browser access would be answer - ... run application upgrade today - an now lost access ..... have put a separate post on that

As you know, but seems to need restating, the vast bulk of what actually comprises the Custom "Firmware" downloads to the hard drive after the tweaks to the firmware residing in flash are applied by USB installation
The packages installed on disk aren't part of the custom firmware though, the custom firmware just enables their installation and use.
FWIW, the standard 1.03.12 firmware is ~32MiB in flash. The CFW actually customises ~10MiB of that, mainly through updating the disk checking utilities, busybox version etc.

This thread was originally posted in the HD-FOX T2 forum, but it turns out the OP was referring to custom firmware version, so the thread has been moved to the Custom Firmware forum.

Back