"do you want to shut down?"

So it can also control TVs?
Yes, though that seems a non sequitur.
I actually had to work quite hard to stop it, and the remote for the 4k freesat box, controlling other stuff. I've even turned off the CEC on the TV. With the Aura, freesat, Blu-ray player and streaming usually done on the TV, so no box required then, trying to use any one remote for more than its own device just got nightmarish. (It can still be interesting as the Aura and TV are both Android with very similar home screens and swmbo can be frantically pushing buttons to no obvious effect.)

Now if manufacturers, freesat and Freeview could get together and work out some sort of standards ... :roflmao:

How are the appropriate codes entered into the handset?

I couldn't stop my LG TV remote turning on the LG Blu-Ray player, and it consequently grabbing the HDMI, but that was solved by demoting the TV to bedroom use and substituting a Samsung!

How are the appropriate codes entered into the handset?

I couldn't stop my LG TV remote turning on the LG Blu-Ray player, and it consequently grabbing the HDMI, but that was solved by demoting the TV to bedroom use and substituting a Samsung!

When you set up the remote in the set up process it asks for the Manufacturer of your TV, in my case Samsung, then it gives you the most popular codes to choose from. Enter the first code, press the small TV button and if it turns off the TV, press it again to turn the TV back on then press OK. The light flashes to acknowledge the code has been saved. If the first code does not work, try the next. The PDF manual lists loads for each manufacturer, but from memory it offers the 3-4 most popular ones on screen to choose from.

Back