Does "big screen" iPlayer shutting down affect us?

1. Download standard 1.03.12 firmware for the HDR-FOX from here.
  2. On the HD-FOX, in Web-If>Package Management, uninstall the Boot-HDR package.
  3. In Web-If>Browse Media Files open the 'mod' folder and delete the 'HDRfs' folder.
  4. Copy the firmware file (HDR_FOX_T2_upgrade.hdf) into the 'mod' folder and temporarily rename (e.g. to DR_FOX_T2_upgrade.hdf). Then rename the file 'hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf'. The HDF tool which uses the update file during the Boot-HDR installation is case sensitive!
  5. In Web-If>Package Management, install the Boot-HDR package. The installation may appear to hang, but eventually a dialogue box will appear. Click OK and you are done.

Another thank you for this reminder about the Boot-HDR package ...great to have iPlayer working again!

A shame that Humax haven't been responsive and so just seem to have abandoned an old but still very useful bit of kit. So much for environmental concerns! I will be cautious about adding to my Humax kit in future - especially anything that isn't as open as the HD / HDR-FOX.

I notice that the HD-FOX is now able to access the HUMAX portal again.
Of course, iPlayer just goes to display the BBC's "device not supported" page. So BootHDR is still the way to go.

I'm quite pleased with myself, I have installed get_iplayer and managed to work out how to make it download to different default folders for TV and radio, and to transcode radio to MP3 automatically.

Now I just need to work out how to relocate the caches to my preferred Temp drive... anybody got any clues?

Back