1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does factory reset delete any recordings?

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by jack616, Jul 30, 2012.

1. jack616

jack616 Member

I'm having severe problems with this .28 firmware (at least they all started when it appeared) so
    I'm going to do a factory reset and re-install.

Having done all the maintenance I can think of such as manually deleting orphaned files
    running e2fsck and re-installing all the mod packages - I am still getting many problems
    such as 0 length files (4 of them saturday) and strange hard resets and so on.

I've discovered some things about the errors (such as 0 length files often are not 0 length in fact)
    but cant see any connection between them.

So I'm resetting and re-installing a clean .28 and mods to see if its just firmware patching issues.
    I will report here if anything improves.
    If it doesnt I'll do it again back to .20 firmware as that worked perfectly for me.

so - will this reset trash my recordings - anyone know?

thanks

2. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

No, the only thing that will erase your recordings is a hard disk format

3. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

Good job too, since a couple of us have had factory resets occur spontaneously!

4. jack616

jack616 Member

Thanks guys I'll give it a go then.

5. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

We should think ourselves lucky, If we had the Humax YouView box it would be a different matter

you-view-reset.jpg