Does HDR-1000S act as DLNA Server?

kalahari

This may seem a rather naïve question, but is it possible to use the Humax HDR-1000S as a DLNA server? In other words, I would like to know if I can watch satellite TV and/or recordings made on the 1000S on another TV in a different room. My current set up is that the Humax is connected via Ethernet cable to a TP-Link Powerline system via the house ring main, with a BT Homehub router in the circuit and another Powerline unit in the bedroom which is connected to our second TV. This works well for Catchup, BBC iPlayer etc., and I can stream from my laptop to either TV. However I’d like to know if the whole thing will work in reverse i.e. send a signal from the Humax via the Powerline to the second TV.

Thanks!
K

Currently no DLNA server (only a client) on freetime boxes. On release a server was rumoured to be coming. So far it hasn't arrived. Even if it did you would need a DTCP-IP capable client, in effect a second Humax box.

Last edited:
Currently no DLNA server (only a client) on freetime boxes. On release a client was rumoured to be coming. So far it hasn't arrived. Even if it did you would need a TCP-IP capable client, in effect a second Humax box.
This appears to be garbled. If I am correct, read "server" in the second sentence, and "DTCP" instead of "TCP-IP" (we might blame the auto-correct for that one).

Back