Does the FVP-4000T have Universal Search across Live TV and Catch Up?

bradavon

Does the FVP-4000T have Universal Search across Live TV and Catch Up?

YouView has a really good universal search which looks across Live TV and all Catch Up services. Does the FVP-4000T have this?

Thanks

Never heard of universal search the 4000 does Ave search button the magnifying glass however it will only search the TV guide for about the next two hours making it pretty well redundant as a feature

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

Youview has Universal Search across Live Broadcast TV, Catch Up and Apps.

I hear the FVP-4000T search shows the next 7 days worth of Live Broadcast TV. It doesn't include Catch Up or Apps though :-(. You need to go into the actual App to search.

Youview has Universal Search across Live Broadcast TV, Catch Up and Apps.

I hear the FVP-4000T search shows the next 7 days worth of Live Broadcast TV. It doesn't include Catch Up or Apps though :-(. You need to go into the actual App to search.
Nope no search app
It just has a magnifying glass which can only search the guide for the next 2 hours means it's pretty redundant

Shame because it desperately needs a method to browse and search the TV Guide
at the moment I'm just using the mobile app and the newspaper
the TV guide itself is a bit crap

Yes it's wrong
The 4000 does need a search facility
Will it search for the whole month
no
Will it at least searched through the fortnight data that's already on the machine
errrrrrrrrrm no
Will it at least searched through the whole day
No to that too
It will search for a maximum of 2 hours
you might as well just open the guide and look down it without even clicking forward you will see everything that the search can find
It's useless and it's a shame because on the face of it you could search by any genre movies history documentaries arts and entertainment yadda yadda Kids Sports but it just doesn't work like quite a few of the facilities on the 4000 if you read my two cents you'll see have described exactly that
And even worse it's had two updates and have not taken the opportunity to make that search feature actually work

The hardware as such is quite excellent it's fully kitted out three high definition tuners can record up to 4 audio is excellent including outputs through my stereo video quality is excellent video output USB connection
But the software is just very very poor I would put any amount of money that the software has been written by some student as a degree project and it stinks

There's another software update due out 2nd week in November which might improve some things but it's actually got a long way to go

Yes apologies for mixing up the search function with the genre browse function which only searches for two hours
the search function magnifying glass will search for the next seven days

only issue I have with that is there's no detail to tell you which episodes you've actually found in which episodes are actually already set up to record

0fb0b5a8cc3374ed4b6a179118a8ba75.jpg

Back