Does the rear USB power on all the time?

aekostas

Member
I would like to use a device that powers the TV and sound system only when the Hummy is powered on. This receives a signal from a USB port. I just tried it from the back port and it looks to power all the time. Is there a way for it to only power on boot?
 
I just tried it from the back port
You have posted this in the HD-FOX T2 section, but your wording suggests that you are referring to your HDR-FOX T2.
For this question I think they two different models work the same, but I could be wrong.

I just tried it from the back port and it looks to power all the time.
The USB ports on the HDR-FOX T2 are powered both during full switch on, and during active stand-by.

If you never let your Humax go into full stand-by then that would explain why "back port" is always powered.

To enable it to go into full standby when it not fully on, not recording, and not preparing for a recording, it's
MENU >> Settings >> System >>Power Management >> Power Saving in Standby

Is there a way for it to only power on boot?
To answer your question you would need to make sure that the power setting is in power save mode, and also never have any recordings scheduled for when the box is in stand-by.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top