Donations Required

As far as I know, PayPal is the only option.
It certainly used to allow donations without creating a paypal account... Stripe is another option that could be integrated but in my experience people tend to have more confidence in Paypal as it's more widely known.
I'll see what options they give me.

I use PayPal all the time - for eBay etc. I don't have a problem with it, but YMMV.
The "problem" I had could have been mine, this site's or PayPal's. It's sorted. I'll reserve judgement until next time I use PayPal.
Does yours not display it as in my screendump
Mine does. BUT, within that there is no one-off donation option, just account upgrades. And as pointed out no option to cancel subscription.

Ah, I see what you mean. Mine just tells me when my current sub expires.
There does not appear to be a method for making another donation.

Ah, I see what you mean. Mine just tells me when my current sub expires.
There does not appear to be a method for making another donation.
I've added an ad-hoc donation button to the upgrade page now.

It's not there for me, and not to labour the point, I pressed the ad hoc donate button, no problems so far but then I have to fill in personal information including my telephone no. plus agreeing to Paypal's terms and conditions before donating.
This I don't like and I don't recall having to do this last time.

Seems to be there for me (although not immediately obvious I admit)
And if you click that link you circled (ovalled!), it takes you to a page which requires you either to have an account already or to create one. It says an account is "required".

How are you going to pay then? Give any old Tom, Dick or Harry your bank card details?:roflmao:
How about a bank transfer into an account held by whoever we pay?

I don't link my PP account to my main bank account. I have a separate account into which I transfer cash now and again.
If anyone hacks into my PP account, they can only get at a pretty modest amount of cash in my bank account which I can close with no inconvenience.

I have no problem with PayPal but what's stopping me going for the £10/13 month option is it appears to be a continuing DD not a single payment.

I have no problem with PayPal but what's stopping me going for the £10/13 month option is it appears to be a continuing DD not a single payment.

You are not forced to use a ‘continuing DD’ as you put it. AFAIK there is nothing stopping you from cancelling the recurring payment straight after you have paid the initial £10.

You are not forced to use a ‘continuing DD’ as you put it. AFAIK there is nothing stopping you from cancelling the recurring payment straight after you have paid the initial £10.
I did. It's a piece of p... to do.

Back