Download from ITV Player, 4oD etc - a solution, if a bit pricey

LDW

If you're desperate for something from ITV Player, here is a solution that works. It ain't cheap, but...

It's from www.getflv.net and it cost me about 35 quid. Very easy to use. Can download flv files, or download and convert to another format.

Also does 4oD, Demand Five, YouTube, old uncle Tom Cobbley and all...

A full list is here: www.getflv.net/sites.php

There is a free alternative to the above Get I-Player was setup to download videos from the BBC I-Player site, BUT, it has an address bar entry where you can enter the URLs of other non BBC material e.g. YouTube etc. for download See Link HERE

All the getflv software is doing is converting flv flash video to a different format. There are many alternatives to that available for free.

All the getflv software is doing is converting flv flash video to a different format. There are many alternatives to that available for free.

I tried several free ones, but couldn't get any to work with ITV Player. Have I wasted my money? :(

Not necessarily, you've got a program out of it and probably support too.
If it does what you want, and you couldnt find anything else it's not a waste.

It's always better to spend too much on something than too little.

You can often find items on Amazon at different prices, some much more expensive than others. Do you always buy the most expensive option?:eek:

No, I don't. Do you always buy the cheapest?

Spending too much is not the same as buying the most expensive. Spending too little means buying a pig in a poke. Spending too much means you get what you want or need, but have paid more money than you needed to. But it's only money, and it means not having to pay out again down the line.

Here's Mike resurrecting another 18 month old post:D

Not resurrecting, it was never dead.

Anyway, BH never answered the question.

PS We all have nothing better to do when we are on here.

Bloody did, can't you read?

You didn't answer it, as your initial statement was too general. It is like the awful "you get what you pay for." No you don't!

I don't generally buy the cheapest, but usually pay the cheapest price I can at the time for something I want. Sadly, I often buy things early, and pay a vastly inflated price. :(

Anyway, you can sometimes pay for a solution that is inferior to a freebie. Sync. software and antivirus/spyware spring to mind. So, it isn't necessarily always better to spend too much on something than too little!

Anyway, you can sometimes pay for a solution that is inferior to a freebie. Sync. software and antivirus/spyware spring to mind. So, it isn't necessarily always better to spend too much on something than too little!
This is clearly an attempt to prove a general truth wrong by concocting an apparent counter-example which isn't.

This is clearly an attempt to prove a general truth wrong by concocting an apparent counter-example which isn't.

There is no general truth there to prove wrong. It is a question of getting something that does the job, but not over-paying for it. High price does not guarantee high quality, nor flexibility, nor can you guarantee that the high price isn't just a reflection of a high profit margin.

Anyway, it was a casual remark you probably regret making, so I will let it pass. ;)

I'm a little surprised at the wording of this statement, if you know you are paying too much and you still do it you have made an error. I suppose you could satisfy your rule by finding an item you want to buy and then offer more than the advertised price, that way you'll always be spending too much

Why keep naggling at this? I didn't invent it.

The point is that penny pinching results in something that will be unsatisfactory in the long term. "Spoiling the ship for a ha'penth of tar" is a similar expression. For example, if you always wanted an iPad, but decide to spend less on an Andriod tablet, you will be forever dissatisfied (whether the Android tablet is any good or not).

If you buy something cheap (or free) and it is satisfactory, then you have not spent too little. "Too" is the operative word. Spending too much could be an error, sure, but not as bad an error as buying something which is ultimately unsatisfactory (which is a complete waste and could have subsequent consequences). Spending too much doesn't mean paying over the market price - it means buying something which is over-engineered for the purpose.

I really don't know why I try to educate you people, it's all in the previous posts if you wanted to know. It is always possible to break a maxim by stretching it too far.

Back