Download recordings to Windows 10 PC

PeterB

I have a PVR 9200T and am using "Humax PVR9200T Media Controller" software to transfer recordings to my Windows 10 PC. I have to disable driver signature enforcement in order to connect to the Humax, but until today that was fine and I could select and download recordings with no trouble. This morning I connected the Humax up and rebooted the PC to change the startup settings and ran the media controller and sucessfully connected the Humax, but when I selected a recording I got the normal transfer window for a second and then an error message came up "Failed to begin transfer for" and then the file name.
I am using the same USB cable as always and also tried another one I have but with the same results.
Any ideas what is going on anyone?

Yes, tricks have been found to at least delay the application of updates. Still a bugger though.

Then there is a risk that the problem you are looking for has been created by an update. Can you try again having restored a previous (known working date) system snapshot?

I have uninstalled the updates for windows from after the date I last used the PVR successfully, but none of them seem to have been the cause. There are quite a few updates related to MS Office, but I yse that a lot and am not happy about removing updates for that, but I will if I really have to.

Windows 10 will not default to auto-download for connections defined as metered while being connected by WiFi.
Interesting, but just because a connection is wired doesn't necessarily mean it isn't metered. Micro$oft really do have twisted logic.

I have uninstalled the updates for windows from after the date I last used the PVR successfully, but none of them seem to have been the cause. There are quite a few updates related to MS Office, but I yse that a lot and am not happy about removing updates for that, but I will if I really have to.
'Fraid the only way you're going to find out is by trying it. I would be surprised if they were the problem though.

In any case, the 9200's USB and Media Controller software are not the most robust things ever designed. W10 itself may not be the problem.
Most people gave up with fiddling with this stuff because it was so desperately slow and unreliable.

It was only a stab in the dark.

Well I have uninstalled all of the updates from after I last had the PVR9200T connected up and could download recordings, but the error message still comes up, so I am stuck now.

HDR-FOX you mean? Absolutely, if you can get one. Not so convenient on HDR-2000T but still eminently possible.

Would it be worth trying humaxrw and if successful with W10 do the hardware mod?

Back