Downloading recording from FVP-4000T

Julie

I have now "upgraded" from HDR Fox T2 to a FVP 4000. Is it possible to download movies (.TS files) from this new box, either directly on to a USB stick or over my LAN to a PC?

VLC on a laptop can see the directories on the PVR but cannot play the .TS files.

On the Custom Firmware HDR Fox T2 box, there was a download facility that used to do this.

Many thanks.....

On the Custom Firmware HDR Fox T2 box, there was a download facility that used to do this.
There is no custom firmware for the FVP-4000T, or any other Humax box other than HDR-FOX T2, HD-FOX T2, and FOXSAT. You need to understand that not only are recordings encrypted on disk (as before), the whole disk is encrypted. You might be able to copy StDef recordings to a USB drive (and them be decrypted in the process), but you will certainly not be able to do that with HiDef recordings. You also need to understand that, by moving on from your HDR-FOX, you have moved on from all the nice extra facilities we have found ways of adding.

The facilities available to you are those stated in the FVP-4000T manual. That's it. End of.

There is no custom firmware for the FVP-4000T, or any other Humax box other than HDR-FOX T2, HD-FOX T2, and FOXSAT. You need to understand that not only are recordings encrypted on disk (as before), the whole disk is encrypted. You might be able to copy StDef recordings to a USB drive (and them be decrypted in the process), but you will certainly not be able to do that with HiDef recordings. You also need to understand that, by moving on from your HDR-FOX, you have moved on from all the nice extra facilities we have found ways of adding.

The facilities available to you are those stated in the FVP-4000T manual. That's it. End of.
Thanks BH. Not really what I wanted to hear. I had to "upgrade" as all three of my HDR-Fox T2 boxes failed at the same time and with similar symptoms - any thoughts?

The Custom Firmware for the old boxes was brilliant. I used it for several years and I would like to thank all those clever members who came up with it and developed it.

all three of my HDR-Fox T2 boxes failed at the same time and with similar symptoms - any thoughts?
How can anybody have any thoughts about anything as you haven't actually said what you perceived the problems to be?

How can anybody have any thoughts about anything as you haven't actually said what you perceived the problems to be?
I wish I was clever...

The boxes won't change channels (using the remote or the buttons) and on being re-started, just sit there "loading"....

I had to "upgrade" as all three of my HDR-Fox T2 boxes failed at the same time and with similar symptoms - any thoughts?
Well, my thoughts are that it is pretty unusual for two things to break at pretty much the same time with similar symptoms let alone three. Surely this unlikely scenario should lead one to think that there is something common to all three going on here?
Other than that, on the basis of no other info, no other thoughts.

I do have one question though. Do you want to fix the T2s?
Ah no, two questions really. If the answer to Q1 is 'no' then what are you going to do with them?

Not really what I wanted to hear.
Of course it's not, but nonetheless it's something you could (and should) have been aware of before deciding to purchase as a knee-jerk reaction to not being able to record that night's Corrie.

Try some systematic fault-finding. Starting with BH's guide here might be a good idea:
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/steps-for-resolving-hdr-fox-crash-reboot-issues.5320/
Exactly.

Please don't take this the wrong way - these (and other people's) comments are at least as much for the benefit of other readers who might come looking for similar information.

I have now "upgraded" from HDR Fox T2 to a FVP 4000. Is it possible to download movies (.TS files) from this new box, either directly on to a USB stick or over my LAN to a PC?
With the FVP-4000T it is possible to (slowly) download the recordings to either a USB memory device (stick or HDD), or via your home network to a windows 8.1 or windows 10 PC using SAMBA. Standard definition recordings will be decrypted on the copy via both USB and SAMBA.

VLC on a laptop can see the directories on the PVR but cannot play the .TS files.
Some have had success with the FVP-5000t which essential is just a relaunched FVP-4000T.

Also see

Last edited:
Back