Drag and drop video files from PC to 5000T

JonnyPunx

Hi Folks
Reference screenshot below
I can see the relevant folders on my PC for the 5000T
How do I drag and drop video files into the folders ?
When I try nothing happens,am I missing something here ?
Any advice much appreciated
Thanks
J
Screenshot (1).png

I connect to my 5000T on my mac you can drop files into the Download folder.
Once copied over, click on the Freeview button, select Media> Video> Downloaded

I connect to my 5000T on my mac you can drop files into the Download folder.
Once copied over, click on the Freeview button, select Media> Video> Downloaded
Excuse my total ignorance, but how do you go about connecting your Mac, so that I can do the same.

Excuse my total ignorance, but how do you go about connecting your Mac, so that I can do the same.
On your mac, open SystemPreferences> Sharing make sure Internet Sharing is enabled.

In Finder click on Go in the menubar and select Go To Server.

Enter the IP address for your 5000T, in my case smb//:192.168.2.3
You should be able to see the IP address of the 5000T in System Preferences> Network> Ethernet
as long as you have set up the network on the 5000T
Freeview> Settings> Network Settings> Configure LAN

When you have the IP address of the 5000T in the Connect To Server field press Connect
the mac should after a short while offer you a dialogue with various options.
Click on Download press OK.
The mac should then Mount a Volume called Download on your Desktop.
Open that and you can drag and drop files onto that and they will be copied over to the 5000T

On the 5000T click Freeview button> Media.
Depending on the sort of Media you have dropped over to the 5000T select Video, Music or Photo
and as long as the type of media meets the protocols of the Humax you should be able to view or listen to
the files you have transferred.
Some experimentation may be required as the Humax manual for the 5000T does not go into great detail
or impart any great knowledge of which files it can or can't play. This is due to file types and various
video and audio codecs changing or being introduced, so you will learn on the hoof so to speak.

If you encounter any problems or need clarifying on details please write back and describe any problems
or questions in detail so that I may help resolve any problems.
It may help if you included which mac OS operating system you are using on your mac, for me my mac is
connected to my 5000T by Ethernet cable and running macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Thank you. Only got the time to play with this this morning. I can now connect my Mac to the Humax and watch things through the Humax on the TV via the downloads folder.

Are you aware if there is a way to do the opposite and take things off of the Humax via the network to watch on the Mac & more importantly create space on the Humax, without having to go through the USB stick copy/move route?

Anyways thank you again, this is a huge step forward me.

Thank you. Only got the time to play with this this morning. I can now connect my Mac to the Humax and watch things through the Humax on the TV via the downloads folder.

Are you aware if there is a way to do the opposite and take things off of the Humax via the network to watch on the Mac & more importantly create space on the Humax, without having to go through the USB stick copy/move route?

Anyways thank you again, this is a huge step forward me.
This time when you connect your mac to the Humax 5000T select the Recordings folder.
You can then drag and drop the recordings onto your mac preferably in a folder suitably named.
Not sure about being able to play the files on the mac have never tried.
I do know that the HD files will not play as they are encrypted but SD recordings should
but you should search the internet for advice on that.

This post from MyHumax.org might help:
"Found out few days back by checking all the options. It is quite easy to download a programme from fvp-5000 using VLC on Mac Computer. Once you have opened the 'library', main VLC menu on Mac, select 'local network' --> 'Universal Plug and Play'. Select 'FVP-5000T DMS (IP addr)' -->Recordings. Now from the Menu Bar at the very top, select FILE --> Convert / Stream.

Select a programme file you wish to download from under the 'Recordings' folder and 'drop' it into the 'Convert / Stream' box. It is important to use the 'drag and drop' method, as the 'open media' option will not display files on fvp-5000t. You can use the 'open media' option if you just want to convert the format of an existing video file under your Mac folders, e.g. TS to mp4, or just Sound output file.

The next setting is under 'Choose Profile'. Click on 'Customise..' and select the output. I have been using MPEG-TS. Under the tab 'Video Codec', select 'keep original video track' and do same under 'Sound Codec'. Click on 'Save as new profile' and give your profile a name, for future use. Now under 'Choose Destination' select 'save as file' Decide on location and filename.

Lastly, click on 'Save'. Download takes a few minutes, depending on the network speed and the speed of the Mac as it is doing a 'conversion' on the fly.

Interesting to note that one can set the output profile to be just sound, eg, mp3, flac, Wav. Useful if it is a music programme and you just want the sound or for anyone with visual impairment etc.."

Peculiar quirk. It seems that to access the Humax share, the password must be turned off on the ftp server

Ah and then I no longer have permission to upload files. Weird. But I can drag and drop using Finder to the SAMBA share. You know what, that'll do just fine since I can setup a synchronisation task to do just that automatically.

BTW Internet Sharing doesn't need to be on..

Back