DTR-T1000 is it worth the money

If catchup TV for 4OD and ITV player are your number one priority then it's a possible Yes, If not the answer is a definitely no, there is a list of things the HDR T2 does that the T1000/1010 doesn't HERE

Reading all the feed backs should I get the t1000 .yours george

Your money, your choice. It would help if you said what you expected from it, then existing owners could tell you whether your expectations are realistic or whether you would be better buying something else.

My impression of the Humax YouView boxes (and I think these days you would be looking at the 1010 rather then the 1000) is that if you are particularly interested in catch-up TV these are the things to go for, but if you are more interested in PVR capability you should consider the HDR-FOX T2 (with support only for BBC iPlayer).

Having owned both the Humax HDR T2 and the DTR-T1000 I would say yes. Although of course it depends what you are looking from it as mentioned above. I personally prefer the youview DTR T1000 as its a developing platform with new firmware updates regularly and interesting things in the pipeline such as IPTV channels. Humax seem to have stopped developing updates for the HDR T2 and seem more interested in the youview and freetime HDR-1000S models. Although the excellent work on here with the custom firmware for the HDR T2 what put the nail on the head for me was the closure of the sky player.

If you are lucky like me you should be able to get a DTR-T1000 of gumtree or eBay for less than £100 as people are selling their free bt supplied ones, they are no different to the retail ones and mine work fine on talktalk.

Reading all the feed backs should I get the t1000 .yours george

If you have BT Broadband, the total cost of the box over 1 year is £109. At that price, it is a bargain.

Cancel your subscription after one year and, as far as I can see, the box is yours.

Hi all.

I'm a newbie to the forum, and I have a 9200T that is driving me nuts with missed recordings, a 1 week EPG that barely manages 3 days, and file corruption/general haphazardry (is that a word?) when there's more that 40-ish files stored, so I'm looking for a new toy that I can get catchup internet on.

Currys are offering a BT-labelled 1000t YouView box for £160, and my (grown-up) boys have the same through their BT broadband deal, but haven't plugged it in yet, so can't give me any feedback and I have a few (dumb) questions. Apologies for any duplication of other threads....

1. With the BT-branded box (or any YouView recorder), are there any financial implications other than the purchase price (subscription, etc)?
1.a. Would I be committed to any/only BT content?
2. Have any of the issues in the article linked to by Ezra, above, been addressed?
3. Does any PVR record streamed content?
4. Is a YouView box the only way to access ITVPlayer through a PVR? (How much ITVP stuff is available elsewhere, such as YouTube?)
5. Would I be better off with an HDR Fox T2?

Thanks.

Iz.

1) Youview and Freeview d0n't have any compulsory subscriptions
1a) You are not committed to any specific content
2) Few of the limitations have been addressed
3) Only the HDR-Fox T2 with Custom firmware allows you to keep streamed content (from I-Player/Youtube)
4)It's the only Humax terrestrial box. Youview. (DTR1000/1010T), HDR-Fox T2 and HDR 2000T all have I-Player/Youtube
5) In my opinion Yes, however the HDR 2000T may be easier to find

HDR-FOX T2, because of the custom software and the general "looks". It might prove possible to customise the HDR 2000T, but at the moment there is no way in. However, the easiest source for a HDR-FOX is as a refurbished Grade A unit from Humax Direct.

HDR-FOX T2, because of the custom software and the general "looks". It might prove possible to customise the HDR 2000T, but at the moment there is no way in. However, the easiest source for a HDR-FOX is as a refurbished Grade A unit from Humax Direct.

Strongly seconded!

Back