DTR T1000 not finding HD Freeview Channels.

4ndy

My box is not finding all the HD channels that my HDR and TV find on the same aerial source.

There is no manual tune option.

Has anyone else found this. I am mainly interested in ch 81 Talkingpictures. An SD channel on the HD mux. Is that the problem?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The problem with TalkingPictures TV is that it is carried on MUX COM7, this MUX is not transmitted at the same power level as the other 'main' MUXs, for example, the Sutton Coldfield transmitter has the 6 main MUXs transmitting at 200kW, but COMs 7 & 8 are transmitted at only 90kW (there is also a Local Mux at 10kW). So it will be more difficult to get a useable signal from these 'lower power' MUXs

I can't get Com7 at all, but doesn't the OP imply he can receive Com7 on his other apparatus? The question then becomes:

a) Is the DTR-T1000 less sensitive (and is it receiving anything else from Com7);

b) Is the DTR-T1000 incapable of receiving a StDef service on a DVB-T2 mux?

There have been lots of reports of the HDR-Fox T2 not being as accepting of low signal levels as say TV receivers on the same signal (probably due to it's need to record rather than just display the programme), so it wouldn't surprise me if a) above is true, it would surprise me if b) above is true though, I doubt it is that different in operation to the HDR-Fox T2

There have been lots of reports of the HDR-Fox T2 not being as accepting of low signal levels as say TV receivers on the same signal (probably due to it's need to record rather than just display the programme), so it wouldn't surprise me if a) above is true, it would surprise me if b) above is true though, I doubt it is that different in operation to the HDR-Fox T2
"probably due to it's need to record rather than just display the programme": I don't see any logic in that assertion.

The OP indicates that an "HDR" (presumably HDR-FOX) is receiving Talkingpictures (which I didn't even know existed until this discussion).

"probably due to it's need to record rather than just display the programme": I don't see any logic in that assertion.
Me neither. You need the same strength to demodulate, decode and display as you do to demodulate, decode and record.
The OP indicates that an "HDR" (presumably HDR-FOX) is receiving Talkingpictures (which I didn't even know existed until this discussion).
I think it was added in the last retune round. Like True Christmas, which, on my 3 flicks through it, has never yet got the aspect ratio of any of the programmes right.

Oh, Talking Pictures is on COM7, which is why you don't know about it.

As I said before, it has been stated several times on this forum that, for whatever reason, the HDR-Fox T2 seems to require a stronger signal than other tuners, I did however miss the OP's statement that a 'HDR' was working where his DTR T1000 is not

It seems to be the need for a stronger signal that is the issue. Reversing the order of the RF loop throughout found another 16 channels that I hadn't even missed, talkingpictures included.

My previous experience with RF loop through is that the signal is slightly stronger, the further you get from the aerial. Not so in this case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

a) Is the DTR-T1000 less sensitive (and is it receiving anything else from Com7);
The DTR-T1010 has the same hardware tuners as the later 'horizontal' HDR-FOX T2 which were reported as insensitive compared to the earlier 'vertical' HDR-FOX T2s.
There have been lots of reports of the HDR-Fox T2 not being as accepting of low signal levels as say TV receivers on the same signal (probably due to it's need to record rather than just display the programme), so it wouldn't surprise me if a) above is true
I too saw similar claims. Until the 'vertical' HDR-FOx T2s I could not find even just one claim which could have not been attributed to tuning to a weaker transmitter on the HDR-FOX T2.
However my 2014 model Sony TV handles weak signals better compared to even the older HDR-FOX T2s, but most of the HDR-FOX T2 s are still a lot better than T1010, Youview DN372T huawei or the latest Vestel.
As I said before, it has been stated several times on this forum that, for whatever reason, the HDR-Fox T2 seems to require a stronger signal than other tuners, I did however miss the OP's statement that a 'HDR' was working where his DTR T1000 is not
If the HDR is a HDR-FOX T2 and the in/out tuners are positioned horizontally relative to each other then that should not be a surprise with weaker broadcasts

4ndy : If you are into old (possibly 'B') movies you will like TalkingPictures TV, I have a Remote Schedule search set up for any movie from the 1940s and 1950s, before this channel, I used to get a couple of Email notifications a week, but since adding this channel, the count has shot up, I got 98 notifications in a week

My previous experience with RF loop through is that the signal is slightly stronger, the further you get from the aerial. Not so in this case.
Yes, the pass-through can amplify the signal, but it will also reduce the noise margin. If a signal is almost lost in the noise, the pass-through will only make it worse.

The DTR-T1010 has the same hardware tuners as the later 'horizontal' HDR-FOX T2 which were reported as insensitive compared to the earlier 'vertical' HDR-FOX T2s.
I have both versions of the HDR-FOX. I've tried them out on the same aerial feed (before I had a new aerial installed: reception of BBC Four HD, for example, was not good with pixellation common and the channel occasionally unavailable depending on weather conditions). The original hardware version, at the time of testing, was poor when tuned to BBC Four HD with regular pixellation and sound dropouts. The revised hardware version was a bit worse, with more spells of pixellation than stable picture. Of course this is hardly a controlled study. Also, while I would expect the digital (vertical) tuner module not to vary significantly from example to example, the analogue twin tuners of the original hardware version may be more variable.
I don't know about the DTR-T1010, but the DTR-T1000 (unknown manufacturer, model FJE21H45A) and the revised hardware HDR-FOX (Samsung, model DTMT4PCPV101H) have different tuner modules.

:oops: Thanks . It's taken me a while to get there. I won't bore any one with why I was getting confused. A bit mad that it has taken me most of an hour to get there and understand where my mal-memory was coming from!

Back