DTR T2100 - internet connection

Gonzo

Hi all,

I have a DTR T2100 BT box which is still working well and which I have had connected to the internet with a TP link WR702 in client or ethernet bridge mode. (I think, I'm not very tech minded). It's nowhere near a wired connection in my house.

The TP Link has given up the ghost and was always a pain to configure.

I already have a TP-Link T2UH Archer AC600 Hi Gain conencting a PC to my wifi: It uses a USB connection. Would I be able to use one with my box using an ethernet-to-USB adapter or would I have an issue not being able to install a driver on the box?

Thanks

Simon

Would I be able to use one with my box using an ethernet-to-USB adapter or would I have an issue not being able to install a driver on the box?
The latter. You need something with ethernet in and Wifi out. Forget USB.

HomePlug may be a simpler solution for you. You buy two units, they plug into mains sockets near the router and the Humax, and they establish an Ethernet connection through the mains wiring. No configuration, no fuss (although you will want to change the security code if you don't want the neighbour's HomePlug network sharing yours). To add another node to the network, just add another HomePlug.

The best ones to go for include a mains socket, so they don't tie up a wall socket (you just plug whatever was in the wall socket into the HomePlug). HomePlugs are best in the actual wall socket and not via an extension lead. Go for "AV500" or at least "AV200". Devolo have the best reputation, but there are cheaper ones.

Different brands of HomePlug are supposed to be compatible, but you can never be absolutely sure - if it doesn't work, which one do you blame? Stick with one.

Back